Digital imaging questions, how to lower resolution to be able to post?

Mossy Oak

For some time now I’ve been scanning photos to posting on the Geocaching wed site with great results. I’ve just purchased an Olympus D550 digital camera. I know I have the option to shoot images at a low resolution (640 x 480) and be able to post them.

My question is, if I shoot images at a photo quality resolution (1984 x 1488). There is a setting that I can re-save the image to a lower resolution through HP Director (software, HP Photosmart-230, 4 x 6 color printer) but I still cannot get any lower than 114kb, from a 702kb image.

Is there an easy way to get a 700kb resolution to under 100kb’s? Dose anyone know of any free software that can be downloaded?

For some time now I've been scanning photos to posting on the Geocaching wed site with great results. I've just purchased an Olympus D550 digital camera. I know I have the option to shoot images at a low resolution (640 x 480) and be able to post them. icon_biggrin.gif