SporTrak vs. Garmin Legend

Kealia

Looking for advice guys:

Want t obuy a new one and have done the research but would like to know a few things:

1) Does either unit let you do a 'query' of nearby caches to your position if you've already entered them?

2) Does either unit support street maps (or do I need to look at higher end models)? This would only be useful when traveling....

Thanks!

The Sport Track map and legend are about on a par.

Of the two the Sport Track has a better antanea and the Legend a better screen and twice the waypoint ability.

Both will take maps that you download.

The legend should have a 'find nearest' function. I'm not sure on the Magellan though it should have the same thing.

Try 83858 for Rathdrum, or 83869 for Spirit Lake. I don't believe Twin Lakes has a code, it's too small, But Rathdrum is just south and Spirit is just north.

Since you are from the big C you will have to register at the Idaho border. We like to keep an eye on all of you. icon_razz.gif

quote:
Originally posted by Kealia:

Thanks RN...I think I heard you are in Idaho, right? Do you know the ZipCode of the Twin Lakes area? My family has a cabin there and I've been toying with the idea of a vacation/caching trip to the TL/Spokane area where I was born.

I'd go with Niskybum on this one. He actually lives in the right part of the state. Though the border check is easy to get around. Just don't admit where you are from. Don't forget to take off the UCLA shirt either.

[This message was edited by Renegade Knight on July 11, 2003 at 11:24 AM.]

The SporTrak allows you to list the waypoints (caches) in proximity order. I guess that would meet your requirements, right?

quote:
Originally posted by Kealia:

Looking for advice guys:

Want t obuy a new one and have done the research but would like to know a few things:

1) Does either unit let you do a 'query' of nearby caches to your position if you've already entered them?

2) Does either unit support street maps (or do I need to look at higher end models)? This would only be useful when traveling....

Thanks!

Actually, with the SporTrac you can search waypoints by alphabetical, by icon (i think), nearest to current position, and even nearest to an address...as long as you have the detail map loaded for that area...so you load all your caches, and search which one's nearest to your camp if you've got it's address

the Legend might be able to do this too, but I'd don't know for sure.

-pizzachef