GPXSonar BETA 2 Released For Pocket PC 2003

-=(GEO)=-

You can get the updated version from gpxsonar.homeip.net or from the mirror site.

What's new in the BETA 2 release?

Bug Fix: In BETA 1, some GPX files containing cache pages with very large description would crash GPXSonar and/or cause a hard reset of the device. This problem has been resolved.

New Feature: A 'Search' filter has been added allowing exact or partial text searches on cache waypoints, names and owners. The search on these three columns is done automatically.

New Feature: It is now possible to view unencrypted hints directly on the cache page. However, the hints are only visible when they are highlighted by the user.

New Feature: It is now possible to generate a report on the caches bearing a field note. After a report is generated, GPXSonar also offers the option to delete the field notes.

New Feature: GPXSonar now automatically re-sorts the cache list when the center coordinates are altered either by making the selected cache the center or by manually entering coordinates for the current location.

New Feature: A green checkmark appears in front of the name of every cache that has already been found.

Bug Fix: GC.com has added 2 new cache log types. One of them being a 'camera' type of log. The other one is still being investigated.

Bug Fix: GC.com sometimes produces Pocket Queries containing invalid characters which cause the parser attempting to read them to fail. GPXSonar tries to filter such characters out as the GPX file is being read.

New Feature: GPXSonar automatically saves the configuration of the application and any user-supplied data automatically every 30 seconds if alterations have been made.

Bug Fix: In some instances, the code generating the caches pages would produce malformed HTML.

Bug Fix: A new 'Performance Management' option has been added which allows the user to control how GPXSonar utilizes memory. By default, the performance option is set to 'Use More Memory' in order to be faster. The other option makes the program consume less memory but is slower to load GPX files.

New Feature: A 'Preference' option has been included which allows to eliminate columns from the display. Also, the width of the columns is now preserved between runs.

Bug Fix: Once again, the icons representing the caches have changed on the geocaching.com web site. GPXSonar has been updated accordingly to provide the same look and feel.

New Feature: It is now possible to search on cache 'Owners'. This is a side effect of the 'Search' filter.

BETA 2 will be available for Pocket PC 2002 shortly.

Let me know what you think.

Regards,

Fabien.

82972_1100.jpg

quote:
Originally posted by -=(GEO)=-:

Geek-Qualizer...

The 'Found Field' will bear a checkmark when you load a GPX file containing caches that you've already found. Tagging a cache with a field note does not make that checkmark appear (since you have not yet logged it online).

Regards,

Fabien.

http://img.Groundspeak.com/user/82972_1100.jpg

Thats what I thought. Then when I just now read you message it clicked in my head what I was doing wrong. I had several gpx files on my pda dating back a few weeks. I opened an old one thinking that I would see the found check mark since I had found several caches that would be listed in that gpx. Doh! That won't work.. They're old gpx files which do not have my logs, and my newer GPX files only have caches that I have not found. Sorry... I rolled out of the idiot side of the bed today.. Thanks.. now I can go back and change my pocket queries.

quote:
Originally posted by -=(GEO)=-:

GeoFool...

The PPC 2002 Version will not be optimized (again). I'm still limited to the emulator for that platform.

Darn! Is this something a novice can do?

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me.