Magellan Tech Support

Guest tak1

I sent them an e-mail last week with a question about my Map330 and I received a response within about 4 hours. And... the response was right on target...

...ron

Guest BigDoggie

I e-mailed them with a serial port connectivity problem. It was four days later when they replied, and the response they gave was wrong.

I had long since gotten the correct answer from a kind soul here, and had reslolved the problem.

------------------

Interested in Geocaching in the state of Georgia? Visit the Georgia Geocachers Association at http://gageocaching.tripod.com

quote:
Originally posted by ClayJar:

Was it anything I should know about ahead of time for mine? icon_smile.gif

I don't know... mine shut off twice while I was using it. The suggestion from tech support was to change the batteries, which I did, and it has been fine since. They did mention that if it continued to happen there might be a bad solder joint in the unit, but its been fine for more than a week now.

quote:
Originally posted by ClayJar:

Was it anything I should know about ahead of time for mine? icon_smile.gif

I don't know... mine shut off twice while I was using it. The suggestion from tech support was to change the batteries, which I did, and it has been fine since. They did mention that if it continued to happen there might be a bad solder joint in the unit, but its been fine for more than a week now.

Guest ClayJar

Mine has shut off without asking me on a few occasions. They were due to:

• Low batteries (the usual one)
  • Overheating on the dash (in the sun while driving; I don't have a dash/windshield mount, but I use a rubber mousepad sans fabric top to keep it wedged in, and now I keep a folded sheet of paper over the top to shield the sun off)
  • Being dropped (I didn't drop it too far, but I assume I must have dropped it just enough that the batteries bounced on the springs and disconnected for a tiny moment)

Anyway, there you go. icon_smile.gif

Guest ClayJar

Mine has shut off without asking me on a few occasions. They were due to:

• Low batteries (the usual one)
  • Overheating on the dash (in the sun while driving; I don't have a dash/windshield mount, but I use a rubber mousepad sans fabric top to keep it wedged in, and now I keep a folded sheet of paper over the top to shield the sun off)
  • Being dropped (I didn't drop it too far, but I assume I must have dropped it just enough that the batteries bounced on the springs and disconnected for a tiny moment)

Anyway, there you go. icon_smile.gif