Getting EasyGPS to work !

Guest rewster

Guest rewster

I've downloaded it twice. Neither time do I get an agreement to "agree" to. Each time I try to download a waypoint, I get passed to the easyGPS instructions. I am logged in each time. The first download I did directly to my desktop and the second I did to a directory on my hard drive. I must be missing something pretty basic. HELP !!

Guest badbitbucket

only thing I can think of off the top of my itty bitty head is to make sure your directory is not set to read only.

in Explorer, rt click the dir, select properties, make sure read only is not selected.

-CK

A couple of other thoughts...

1. Make sure you're clicking on the right thing... On the detail page for a cache there is a link to "Download to EasyGPD for Groundspeak" and another link below that that goes to "Need help> Read about EasyGPS". Are you clicking on this link?

2. If you hit the right link, you'll see the Windows download dialog box asking if you want to open the file or save it. Click Open. Then you'll see another dilog box. Click open again... Than the info will be loaded into EasyGPS.

...ron

Once you have easygps installed on your computer, be sure you are clicking on the little icon on the bottom right of the webpage that says:

"*icon* Download to EasyGPS for Groundspeak"

'Need help? Read about easygps'

You want to click on the thing that has the little red down arrow and probably not on the words around it. You should then get the "open it / save to disk" option. This option varies between internet explorer and netscape. I think IE will ask you twice, netscape once.

If you still don't get it to work, let us know which browser you are using (ie, netscape, AOL, etc...) and the exact prompts you're getting and I'm sure someone can help further...

Hope this helps!

(as an afterthought... You have downloaded and run easygps at least once before trying to download waypoints to it, right? The easygps.exe *is* the program and is not a "setup" style program for easygps. You may need to run it once and let it "hook" itself into you computer for viewing easygps format ".loc" files).

[This message has been edited by alexm (edited 20 October 2001).]

Guest rewster

I have run easygps a couple of times prior to attempting the download. I have clicked on the "red arrow" at the bottom right. Each time I get kicked to the page with easygps instructions 1. Download the program 2. agree to agreement. Download the waypoints.

It's only happened about 20 times ! I'm running IE 5 and I get to the web by way of Prodigy. Have no problems downloading anything else. I'm at a loss !!

Guest rewster

OK ! OK ! I just came back from finding my first cache and I'm a lot smarter !! When I get thrown back to the easygps instruction page - at the bottom is a link for the "agreement". Click on that and then click on "I Agree" and guess what, I'm in business !!! Thanks to all for their help.

I'm heading out for two more caches in the morning. This is the greatest thing since sliced white bread !!!!!!!