ExpertGPS slow under Windows XP

I am really curious if anyone else is having the problem with ExpertGPS that I am having.

When running ExpertGPS under Windows XP, either Home or Pro, the map downloads are VERY slow. I have high speed internet and have tried plugging in another computer that is dual boot with 98 and ME. Both of those operating systems seem to work just fine, but ExpertGPS under XP is un-usable for anything other than uploading waypoints to my GPSR.

I have installed the new beta version to fix the problem with the map data, but it didn't do anything to help the download speed of the map data itself. Everything else that I do on the internet downloads very fast.

I have contacted EXpertGPSs tech support about this, and they say that no one else has reported this problem. I also realize that they have been pretty busy with the map data problems, but I really like ExpertGPS and don't want to change to something else. (the maps for US Photo Maps load fine, I just don't care for the program).

Please let me know if you have had this problem, or if you have fixed it.

Scott