315 software upgrade

Guest cache_ninja

Guest cache_ninja

has anyone upgraded from v2.02 to v2.05 on their 315? did you notice any dramatic difference? i.e. mine came w/version v2.02 and magellan has 2.05 on their url for download... i'm wondering if its worth getting the cable to do it.

thanks

c/n

Guest cache_ninja

ack! yeah, i was looking at the 320, thats v2.05 now, yeah, the 315 is v3.07, but my gps 315, which isn't that old, says v2.02 when i turn it on... hmmm, curious...

so does anyone know any places to get the cable relatively cheap?

thanks

c/n

Hmm, Magellan finally decides to release 3.0X for us loyal customers that bought the 315 at rev 1.03. Except they won't let you download it right now. Sometimes I really hate that company.

Grrrr.

Guest Brian

quote:
Originally posted by thepuck:

You are able to download now.

v3.07 icon_biggrin.gif

I just purchased a new Magellan 315 with V3.07 software. I?ve read through the manual and have a pretty good understanding how the GPS system works. My users manual refers to entering a ?waypoints? by pushing the ?MARK? button twice. In my NAV plotting screen, I have ?landmarks? (LMK.001). Is this because of out dated manual and new version of software? Could it be that the company wants to making it more user friendly??

Brian. . .

Guest Brian

quote:
Originally posted by thepuck:

You are able to download now.

v3.07 icon_biggrin.gif

I just purchased a new Magellan 315 with V3.07 software. I?ve read through the manual and have a pretty good understanding how the GPS system works. My users manual refers to entering a ?waypoints? by pushing the ?MARK? button twice. In my NAV plotting screen, I have ?landmarks? (LMK.001). Is this because of out dated manual and new version of software? Could it be that the company wants to making it more user friendly??

Brian. . .

Guest doc_api

Landmark and waypoint mean the same thing. It depends on how you set it up when you started it up the first time. If you set it up for primary use on land, then it says landmark. If you set it to Marine then it says waypoint. The manual assumes you set it to Marine. The differences between the two settings are listed in a chart on page 5 of the manual.

Guest thepuck

- Brian,

The release of v3.07 is the first (though, it's a very minor update) that I know of since I purchased my M315 last May.

I'm sure a dealer that turns its stock over quickly with have the new software already installed. icon_biggrin.gif

------------------

LEP

Guest thepuck

- Brian,

The release of v3.07 is the first (though, it's a very minor update) that I know of since I purchased my M315 last May.

I'm sure a dealer that turns its stock over quickly with have the new software already installed. icon_biggrin.gif

------------------

LEP

Guest thepuck

I don't know what problems Magellan is experiencing with their v3.07 update. They've posted on their update page the following again:

Instructions

Note: You must follow instructions exactly to avoid corrupting your unit?s flash memory.

Connect your GPS unit to the PC using the PC Cable or Power/Data Cable. Make sure to have batteries that are at least 50% full in the unit.

Download the file onto your hard drive.

Run the program file from within Windows. It will unzip and run automatically.

Follow the instructions on the PC until ?Upload Complete?.

In units with software version earlier than 3.00, you will be requested to turn on the unit again and load software a second time. Simply follow the instructions on the PC until ?Upload Complete.?

Download? Self-extracting G315_307 Zipped File (639KB)

"The Download is currently unavailable, please check back soon. We apologize for any inconvenience."

I've installed the update and haven't encountered any problems using it since. I just checked and you can still get the "G315_307.zip" file as a direct download using this link: v3.07 icon_wink.gif

------------------

LEP

[This message has been edited by thepuck (edited 03-07-2001).]

Guest thepuck

I don't know what problems Magellan is experiencing with their v3.07 update. They've posted on their update page the following again:

Instructions

Note: You must follow instructions exactly to avoid corrupting your unit?s flash memory.

Connect your GPS unit to the PC using the PC Cable or Power/Data Cable. Make sure to have batteries that are at least 50% full in the unit.

Download the file onto your hard drive.

Run the program file from within Windows. It will unzip and run automatically.

Follow the instructions on the PC until ?Upload Complete?.

In units with software version earlier than 3.00, you will be requested to turn on the unit again and load software a second time. Simply follow the instructions on the PC until ?Upload Complete.?

Download? Self-extracting G315_307 Zipped File (639KB)

"The Download is currently unavailable, please check back soon. We apologize for any inconvenience."

I've installed the update and haven't encountered any problems using it since. I just checked and you can still get the "G315_307.zip" file as a direct download using this link: v3.07 icon_wink.gif

------------------

LEP