Best Mapping software for geocaching with a Palm device?

What would you recomend to use with my Sony Clie'? I'm looking for something that can do routes and waypoint management, detailed maps, ect. Would need to be able to interface with my GPSr as well.

ummmm....not sure what to say here....so ummm, well errrr, uhhhh, well I guess that's it.

This discussion inspired me to check out whats available for Palm. Found this one here. Seems pretty neat

NEW COMMENTS: I'm mistaken, it's not pretty neat. It ROCKS! After a few stutters getting started it works perfectly. Everything including logs, description, coordinates, EVERYTHING gets transformed into a memo. One button and the program does it all. I can't recommend it enough.

Caching with a 5 year old: takes 2x as long, it's 2x as satisifying

The faster you go, the worse your reception is.

[This message was edited by Gwho on June 13, 2002 at 05:40 PM.]

quote:
Originally posted by RAD Dad:

What would you recomend to use with my Sony Clie'? I'm looking for something that can do routes and waypoint management, detailed maps, ect. Would need to be able to interface with my GPSr as well.

ummmm....not sure what to say here....so ummm, well errrr, uhhhh, well I guess that's it.

I got a new product anouncement from DeLorme today(I'm a registered Street Atlas owner.)

http://www.delorme.com/xmaphandheld/default.asp

I'm thinking of buying it. It looks like Street Atlas for a handheld.

I just got Xmap on Saturday, so I have not had much time to play with it on my Visor Pro.

I will say that it does routing directly from the Handheld. It takes about 3-4 minutes to plot a route. I would have been disapointed in that speed but the quality of the routes I have tested it with are very good.

The manual is all online, so I have not had a change to read it. I usually read the manual when I am relaxing away from my PC. I hate online only manuals...

The user interface is good but not quite intuitive in some areas. The help on the handheld is good though.

I am going to write a complete review later in the week.

So far I think it was worth the money :-)

Dan