Garmin Topo software!

Guest Quinnow

Guest Quinnow

For reasons unknown by me, when I enter the waypoint location of a cache using Garmin topo on my computer it shows it about 20 miles off from where it should be, even though it is set for wgs84 same as the listings on the site. any ideas on this at all from you topo users?

in other words I go to "new waypoint" in topo and then I enter the long/lat from a cache I hid that is listed on Geocaching, but when I have it go to that location on the software map it shows it about 20 miles away from the actual spot.

------------------

Quinn Stone

Rochester, NY.14616

www.Navicache.com

Guest peter

quote:
Originally posted by Quinnow:

For reasons unknown by me, when I enter the waypoint location of a cache using Garmin topo on my computer it shows it about 20 miles off from where it should be, even though it is set for wgs84 same as the listings on the site.

Have you checked that it is also set for entering coordinates in degree - minute - decimal minute (i.e. DD MM.mmm) format? Other options are degree - decimal degree (DD.ddddd) and degree - minute - second - decimal second (DD MM SS.s).

If you gave us a specific example it would be easier to diagnose.