Garmin Vista software version 3.50

True Grid

I sent my Vista in to Garmin for repairs, (loose battery connection and sticky click-stick) and noticed it had software version 3.50 when I got it back. There web site says the latest and greatest is version 3.40. Anyone know why? Have they just not got around to posting version 3.50 to their web site yet?

"True Grid"

In the Pacific Northwet

Just a guess, but maybe they put the wrong software in. Last time I did an update for my Garmin Map76, the zip file was labled as Map76 3.70, but the file it contained was actually the Map76S 3.50 file. Maybe they did the same to yours...but I would think it would cause a noticable problem.

4497_300.jpg

"See the wonderous works of Providence! The uncertainty of human things!" Geo.Washington

There is a park just down the street from the Garmin plant here in KC. He was testing some prototype units that aren't released yet. I promised not to give out information on the units he was testing and he let me look at them. Very cool, made me sad that I had just purchased a new unit. I have seen some rumors about the unit that I saw seen on this website. All I can say is very cool.