How do I Install Meridian Gold Memory Cards?

Just received my new Meridain Gold this afternoon. The 32MB memory card that Vanns sent is marked "Garmin". I read the user's manual about installing it BUT, I am worried if Magellan & Garmin cards are the same? The little black "thing" with the "Garmin 32MB data card" label seems too long & thick to fit? Is there more disassemble involved?

Thank you,

happycycler

The Meridian typically uses a SD card. If the Garmin card is the same form factor (size) it will probaly work... No disassembly should be required... Just slide it in...

Dale

--------------------------------------------------------

I'm Diagonally Parked, In A Parallel Universe.

--------------------------------------------------------

I'm sure that I'll be corrected if I'm wrong, but I think the Garmin units use a proprietary memory card. Magellans use a standard SD card, which you can purchased pretty much anywhere. If the card that you have is more than 2.4cm wide or 3.2cm long, you've probably got the wrong memory.

-Craig/TeamCNJC

... Two roads diverged in a wood, and I--

I took off through the thorns, chest high, ...

Judging from the picture on GPS City, I'll give you a firm "No, that will never work."

Contact them for a return. If you purchased it online and they shipped the wrong item, then it's their fault and it shouldn't cost you a penny. If you just clicked the wrong button, then restocking/shipping fees should apply.

If I were you, I'd return the ENTIRE shipment and get a Platinum from shopharmony.com or GPSCity.com (with a pricematch) for the same money you paid for the Gold. Geeez, Vanns is mighty proud of their stuff.

Thank you ALL! I really appreciate your information. I am new at this -- does it show? LOL It did not look like it would work but I trusted that they sent the right stuff.

But now I do have a Meridian Gold to keep my Brunton company -- even if I still can't get those little topo maps into the Gold yet.

THANK YOU!!

happycycler