Lawrance Globalmap 100

Guest T-Bone2U

Guest leemannn

Eats batteries I think does have 2 jacks one for the antenna and the other for computer. Go for Magellan 315 or 330 .Garmin makes good products too Lee..

Guest GrouseTales

Whoa,,,I happen to think that the GM100 is more than a "middle of the road" unit.

I've had my GM100 for about a year now.

Before that I had, and still have, an Eagle

Accunav.

I also went through 3 Magellan units. Had nothing but problems with Magellan and will never get another one.

I am 100% satisfied with the GM100. It is loaded with features and is easy to use. It has very fast lock on times, and locks on and tracks even under dense tree cover.

The Lowrance Mapcreate software is easy to use and load into the GPS. Mapcreate also comes with GPS Data Manager software which helps you store, save, edit, enter your waypoints and routes.

The GM100 takes 4 "AA" batteries. I purchased a set of rechargable NiMH batteries and they last me well over 12hours of use per charge.

GM100 has 2 jacks on the back. One is for the optional external antenna. The other is a combination DC power supply/data connection.

I bought mine for $189 from Adventure GPS.

(GPS4FUN.com). I got the Mapcreate cd at 1/2 price with the unit ($70). combination cigarette lighter/data cord 1/2 price at $15.

Screen resolution is very good.

Lock-on time in my front yard this morning is less than 1 minute. turning power off and back on, lock-on time less than 15 seconds :-)

Drawbacks:

-Would like more memory. It has 2mb which about the size of whole state.

-Garmin units are a little smaller and light weight.

-Doesnt accept as much software as the Garmin units.

Quite frankly, I am suprised I dont see more people using the GM100.

Just my 2 cents