Map software showing fire roads

BPACH

Does anyone know of mapping software or even paper maps that show fire roads and two tracks. I want to find a cache in Michigan and it seems like the closet I can get is a couple of miles away through some harsh territory. It seems like one of those "you cant get there from here" deals.

Team BPACH..We dont know where we are going, but we know where we are.

quote:
Originally posted by BPACH:

Does anyone know of mapping software or even paper maps that show fire roads and two tracks. I want to find a cache in Michigan and it seems like the closet I can get is a couple of miles away through some harsh territory. It seems like one of those "you cant get there from here" deals.

If they are available for your area, and if the area you want to cover is relatively small, and if flight lines have been flown since the roads in which you are interested were built, then aerial photographs are the way to go. But they can be costly.

They include details that will never make it to commercially available maps.

Two sequential photos and a hand held viewer give you an amazing three dimensional view.

quote:

What's the name of the cache.... I'd be interested in seeing if the road in question is on the Mapsource Topo program. You can preview it through garmin's website... Click Here then under Mapsource viewer, select TOPO East..

Good Luck! icon_razz.gif

"Never have a philosophy which supports a lack of courage..."49061_400.gif

quote:

What's the name of the cache.... I'd be interested in seeing if the road in question is on the Mapsource Topo program. You can preview it through garmin's website... Click Here then under Mapsource viewer, select TOPO East..

Good Luck! icon_razz.gif

"Never have a philosophy which supports a lack of courage..."49061_400.gif