Indoor Reception

I have a legend with it's little patch antenna, and I can get a lock inside my house (1 story, tar&gravel roof), but not at my parents house (2 story, asphalt shingle roof). I also can't get a lock in any building with a metal roof (e.g. CostCo, HomeDepot, etc.)

So.. I can get in some door, but not others. But this wasn't a poll option.

-- Mitch

So how do I check all four responses? Depending on the type of building and roof construction I can get anywhere from solid reception on >7 satellites down to no detectable signal at all.

Of my four receivers, two have quad-helix antennas and two have the patch type. The best reception under marginal conditions is with one of the patch antennas. The other patch and one of the quad-helix are tied for second just a little bit behind. The worst reception by far is with the second quad-helix antenna.

I have had no problem with the two GPS units I have had at my home.

I lose sat lock at work indoors, however. That, I am certain, is due to all the concrete and the lack of windows in the area I have my office.

Fro.

Geocaching . . . hiking with a purpose