Custom Query Files Corrupted..

Im having a great time using the new Custom Queries. They are a great way to put a lot of Caching info in your Palm, and bring along on hunts.

The last 2 days however, some or all of my query files wouldnt load on my Palm, so I tried to open them in the Desktop reader by MobiPocket. They came up saying File Corrupt.

Anyone else had this problem?

Buck8Point

-------------------------

If I can't Fix it, It's Definately Broke.

Me too!

I just started trying Pocket Queries on Sunday, and none of them (so far) have worked for me. (Haven't tried Wednesday's yet.)

I thought I was having a MIME decoding problem with Eudora, but now I am hopeful that it was a correctable problem at the originating end.

John

--

"Stay off that highway: word is it's not so safe

The grasses that hide the green-backs,

the amber waves of gain again" --R.E.M.

I was recieving the .prc files perfectly for a short time. My eMail client is Novell GroupWise.

Now ALL the .prc files I recieve, no matter how I save them, or add them to be installed, result in an error during ths sync saying that the .prc file was invalid, and was not installed.

Trying to read the same file in Mobipocket gets a Corrupt File Error..

HELP!!!

I love this new feature, just cant seem to use it now for some reason.. Any Ideas????

Buck8Point

Buck8Point

-------------------------

If I can't Fix it, It's Definately Broke.

We added the ability to zip the file. This has worked with others that encounter a corrupted PRC file. Just change your settings for your query. If you want to have it resent today, email us with the name of the file.

Jeremy

Jeremy Irish

Groundspeak - The Language of Location

Zipping it fixed the corruption for me. icon_smile.gif However, I am no longer receiving updates on the days specified (I got Friday's, but no others). icon_frown.gif Doh!

Are the Pocket Queries only generated when something has changed, or should I be getting the emails on all days checked, even if the results of my query haven't changed since last time?

John

--

Zipping it fixed the corruption for me. icon_smile.gif However, I am no longer receiving updates on the days specified (I got Friday's, but no others). icon_frown.gif Doh!

Are the Pocket Queries only generated when something has changed, or should I be getting the emails on all days checked, even if the results of my query haven't changed since last time?

John

--

I realy like this new feature. I used to use cut-n-paste with my Outlook NOTES. I'm not having any problems with the download or unzipping the file. Loading onto my Clie' with Palm O/S gives me no problems. BUT the hint now says " Hints available in Appendix 1." I cannot find any hints if I need them now. Any suggestions?

wavey.gif I maybe lost - but - I'm making good time!

If you pull down the page number menu in MobiPocket (in the upper right of the screen) you can jump straight to Appendix 1: Hints. Then you have to find it by Waypoint ID.

Personally I would rather (or also) have the encrypted hint in the usual location with the listing--I just use the Palm-based ROT13 hint decoder to decode it if I need it.

John

--

This is on topic with my issue so I will add to it rather than starting a new post.

I was having trouble with corrupted prc files as well. I noticed the zip feature and activated that. The only two zip files I have received have be corrupted themselves and unzipable by both WinZip and Stuffit Expander.

Any ideas? Also how can you get the pocket queries to regenerate a second, third, or x time in a given day? Do i really have to wait till tomorrow to try again?

Glorfindel