I can get maps into my 76s, but how do I delete them?

I repeat, I can get maps from Mapsource Metroguide into my 76s, but how do I delete them? I put some in as a test, now I want them OUT!

icon_mad.gificon_mad.gif ?

Frenchy

Mf

I like nachos.

I'm a news photographer for WPTZ Newschannel 5 - we shot a story about GeoCachers and it's archived at www.wptz.com (it will be up FEB 25, 2003) www.thechamplainchannel.com/champlain2000/ or just www.wptz.com - where it will be archived for 6 mos to a year. Perhaps longer. today is feb22

Don't know specifically about the 76, but in the eTrex line, you can't. When you upload new maps, they overlay any existing map data. You can, however, turn on or off the display of the maps. Each maps section can be individually turned on or off.

What's the big panic, though? Loading maps doesn't take memory away from anything else.

If there's really some urgent reason to do this, you can probably perform a factory reset. You'll lose your waypoints, almanac data, etc. I don't know the key sequence to do the on the 76, but you may find it here.

3608_2800.gif3608_2600.gif3608_2700.gif

Make sure that no mapsets are selected with the map selection tool, there should not be any maps listed under the Map tab in Mapsource.

Now upload just maps to the GPS.

Of course, since you selected zero maps, that will cause Mapsource to clear map memory in the gps, try it. Ive done it.

Always different...Hit refresh

maze?120+35+4+1+0+0+0+0+255+255+255

That's what I did. Maps cleared. Thanks crazy maze person. Me like mazes too.

Ahhhh. It was driving me nuts having no way to delete em.

Mf

I like nachos.

I'm a news photographer for WPTZ Newschannel 5 - we shot a story about GeoCachers and it's archived at www.wptz.com (it will be up FEB 25, 2003) www.thechamplainchannel.com/champlain2000/ or just www.wptz.com - where it will be archived for 6 mos to a year. Perhaps longer. today is feb22