Beginning to think Garmin Sucks

bhist

Help!! I spent a small fortune for what I thought would be one of the top of the line in GPS units, the Etrex Vista, but I'm finding it's a piece of crap (at least the instructions and the Garmin website is a piece of crap). I keep having problems transferring data from Mapsource and GPSeasy to the unit. I get the error message that says, "There is a problem with the COMM Port" and I tried Comms 1-4) serial ports and none worked. I had no problem running my palm pilot on that port before hand. I even went to the Garmin (piece of crap) website (man, I feel like they took my money and ran with it--I wish I'd bought the Magellan instead -- Garmin if you're reading this, then -- oh, heck GARMIN doesn't care) and downloaded the newest version of software for Etrex Vista. Guess what, they're instructions say this about installing the software to the unit, "Connect your GPS to your computer using a GARMIN PC Interface cable to an open serial port. Turn the GPS on, place it in Simulator mode (refer to your owner's manual for instructions) and verify that the Interface Mode (found under the Main Menu page, refer to your owner's manual for instructions) is set to GARMIN, GRMN, GRMN/GRMN, or Data Transfer/Host mode." Well, any of you nice folks that have a unit like mine, please go to your manual and see if you can find anything about "simulation mode" -- I could not. But, I did set my unit up for Garmin. Did all that and got the same error port message. So, I can't even install this new software. I might have to take the unit back and just get my money back. Sorry for all my whining, but I run a lot of software on all kinds of hardware and GARMIN takes the cake --worst product and most unfriendly unit. For those of you out there thinking of buying a GARMIN -- DO NOT -- repeat DO NOT -- it will only give you nightmares.

BTW--I'm running Windows XP. Anyone out there think they can help me? I'd like to at least get out the gate and start searching for caches, if you know what I mean.

Thanks,

Bob

P.S.--I've noticed other complaints about the lack of Garmin support for their units. I'd like to suggest a major boycott on GARMIN along with French products. I think Garmin needs a lesson in customer support and we have the ability here to do something about it. Are you game?

www.vonsworks.com

www.friendslittlebighorn.com

Jeez, what a reactionary icon_rolleyes.gif Don't blame Garmin just because you can't get your serial port to work with it. If you can't get the computer to recognize the GPS, it ain't gonna work with a Magellan either. Keep trying, take a break if it gets you pissed, but you'll figure it out. There is the remote possibility that the unit is defective but most likely, it's a computer serial port conflict.

I believe your right about the Vista not having a simulator mode, but it's not necessary to do that anyway. But you should disable the gps receiver so that it is not searching for satellites while your doing your upload/downloads. Steps to disable the receiver are in the manual.

[This message was edited by Poindexter on April 25, 2003 at 04:36 AM.]

Have you tried searching in this forum for the dozens of posts that help people solve comm port problems (both on Garmin and Magellan units)? Probably not. It's much more fun to just vent and say Garmin sucks.

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

Some mornings, it just doesn't pay to chew through the leather straps. - Emo Phillips

quote:
Originally posted by bhist:

"...Help!! I spent a small fortune for what I thought would be one of the top of the line in GPS units, the Etrex Vista, but I'm finding it's a piece of crap..." (and so on and so on...)

Rather than rant and stomp about Garmin's hardware, instruction manuals, website and customer support all being 'crap', perhaps you should cool your jets and first consider the tens of thousands of people who've come before you and managed to load MapSource data to their eTrexs without difficulty (me included). I've owned a Vista for about a year now ...no problem. I've navigated the Vista owners' manual ...no problem. I've used MapSource products for both Canada and the U.S. ...no problem. Heck, I've even had occasion to chat with Garmin's customer support folks over the telephone ...no problem. So what's *your* problem...? Judging by your rant, you appear to be short on patience when confronted with a problem that has a solution which - for whatever the reason - eludes you (I'd hate to be in the same room when you try setting the clock on your VCR).

Before you take your Vista back and return it, try letting the distended vein in your temple subside and give Garmin's customer support phone number a call ...and don't lay into the poor guy who helps you with another 'crap' tirade just because you were on hold for 10 minutes before he took your call.

<sheesh> icon_rolleyes.gif

Hey, calm down a bit, Bob.

I think if you read here a bit more, you will also see A LOT of posts about GREAT Garmin service.

Why are you complaining about Garmin here? If I understand correct, you are having problems with EasyGPS. That's not a Garmin product, and they can't help you make it work. You need to talk to the company that makes EasyGPS, which, BTW, is also a very friendly and helpful company to deal with.

Now, I don't own your model GPS, so I'm not sure where your problem lies, but I can make some suggestions.

First, simulator mode is not required, it just uses less batteries. On my Garmin 76, if I press the menu button while it is searching for the satellites, I get an option for simulator mode.

Make sure you have EasyGPS configured for your model GPS, and its set to the correct comm port. That needs to be set to match the comm port you plugged the cable into. Sometimes you have a conflict. On my GF's computer, she has the PDA plugged into one, and her GPS the other. Well, even though the second comm port is there, its being shared with her internal modem, and she cant use that comm port while she is online. We switched things and put the PDA on that one, since it was more important to use the gps online then sync the PDA. Also, you might want to try a few baud rate settings in EasyGPS, I had to fiddle with that to get her GPS to talk to the program. Oh, BTW, all these problems getting EasyGPS, her PC, and her GPS to talk to each other were with her Magellan GPS, so when it comes to making all these different items, made by different companies work together, one brand isn't better or worse then the other.

Tae-Kwon-Leap is not a path to a door, but a road leading forever towards the horizon.

quote:
Originally posted by Cache Canucks:

quote:

"...Help!! I spent a small fortune for what I thought would be one of the top of the line in GPS units, the Etrex Vista, but I'm finding it's a piece of crap..." (and so on and so on...)

Rather than rant and stomp about Garmin's hardware, instruction manuals, website and customer support all being 'crap', perhaps you should cool your jets and first consider the tens of thousands of people who've come before you and managed to load MapSource data to their eTrexs without difficulty (me included). I've owned a Vista for about a year now ...no problem. I've navigated the Vista owners' manual ...no problem. I've used MapSource products for both Canada and the U.S. ...no problem. Heck, I've even had occasion to chat with Garmin's customer support folks over the telephone ...no problem. So what's *your* problem...? Judging by your rant, you appear to be short on patience when confronted with a problem that has a solution which - for whatever the reason - eludes you (I'd hate to be in the same room when you try setting the clock on your VCR).

Before you take your Vista back and return it, try letting the distended vein in your temple subside and give Garmin's customer support phone number a call ...and don't lay into the poor guy who helps you with another 'crap' tirade just because you were on hold for 10 minutes before he took your call.

<sheesh> icon_rolleyes.gif

Gee...you were a lot of help. Why did you bother posting? Yes, I've read every single post by searching COMM before I asked for help. Looks like some people in this group are quick on criticizing me instead of helping (like this guy). I may be ranting, but all of you have to ask the question, why are so many people (and there are a lot of them from seeing the results of my search for "comm") having this problem? With my background believe me, I can program a VCR, thank you. The problem with the serial port is really the fact that GARMIN designed the product with the shortest shortcuts they could find instead of taking the time to ensure the product could hook up to a serial port and work. I use so many different products on my computer hooked up through the serial ports (scanners, printers, palm pilots, cameras...the list goes on and on) and they all WORK FINE. I'm obviously not dumb -- I can get all those other units to work. However, I plug in a GARMIN and what does it do? It doesn't work. I asked for help in this forum and all I got back from this guy is complaining about me. It would probably be best for all of us if you would go looking for a cache and only contribute here if you have something positive that can help. Your response to me was as if I had attacked you personally – I was attacking GARMIN and it was legitimate. Maybe it’s just simply that you should probably go back to bed or get a life!

Thanks,

Bob

www.vonsworks.com

quote:
Originally posted by Mopar:

Hey, calm down a bit, Bob.

I think if you read here a bit more, you will also see A LOT of posts about GREAT Garmin service.

Why are you complaining about Garmin here? If I understand correct, you are having problems with EasyGPS. That's not a Garmin product, and they can't help you make it work. You need to talk to the company that makes EasyGPS, which, BTW, is also a very friendly and helpful company to deal with.

Now, I don't own your model GPS, so I'm not sure where your problem lies, but I can make some suggestions.

First, simulator mode is not required, it just uses less batteries. On my Garmin 76, if I press the menu button while it is searching for the satellites, I get an option for simulator mode.

Make sure you have EasyGPS configured for your model GPS, and its set to the correct comm port. That needs to be set to match the comm port you plugged the cable into. Sometimes you have a conflict. On my GF's computer, she has the PDA plugged into one, and her GPS the other. Well, even though the second comm port is there, its being shared with her internal modem, and she cant use that comm port while she is online. We switched things and put the PDA on that one, since it was more important to use the gps online then sync the PDA. Also, you might want to try a few baud rate settings in EasyGPS, I had to fiddle with that to get her GPS to talk to the program. Oh, BTW, all these problems getting EasyGPS, her PC, and her GPS to talk to each other were with her Magellan GPS, so when it comes to making all these different items, made by different companies work together, one brand isn't better or worse then the other.

+ _Tae-Kwon-Leap is not a path to a door, but a road leading forever towards the horizon. _

Thanks for the tips, however, it's not just GPSEasy that I have the problem with but Mapsource as well. Nothing is recognizing the unit. I'll call Garmin today and see what they can do and then if they're successful in resolving this, I'll post what they suggested I do so others won't have to go through what I went through. Again, thanks for posting here.

Thanks,

Bob

www.vonsworks.com

quote:

"...I asked for help in this forum and all I got back from this guy is complaining about me..."

Actually 'Bob', if you read through the other responses to your original post, mine wasn't *all* you got back. It would appear that I wasn't the only one who saw you as a raving loon running down the hallway with your hair on fire. If you can check your 'Garmin sucks' attitude at the door, try giving their customer support line a call ...I'm sure they'd be *happy* to help.

quote:

quote:

"...I asked for help in this forum and all I got back from this guy is complaining about me..."

Actually 'Bob', if you read through the other responses to your original post, mine wasn't *all* you got back. It would appear that I wasn't the only one who envisioned you as a raving loon running down the hallway with your hair on fire. If you can check your 'Garmin sucks' attitude at the door, try giving their customer support line a call ...I'm sure they'd be *happy* to help.

AGAIN...why do you bother?

Thanks,

Bob

www.vonsworks.com

quote:

"...AGAIN...why do you bother?..."

Well, seeing as *I* was the one who suggested that you call Garmin's customer support line to resolve your problem (and *that* is what you say you're now going to do), I guess you took the sweet with the bitter, huh?

You're an idiot 'Bob'.

icon_rolleyes.gif

You may have already checked this but make sure your Palm Hotsync software is disabled before you connect your GPS.

The error you indicated is similar to one I received when trying to communicate with the GPS (via easygps and Mapsource) while Hotsync was still active.

Good luck - my experience with Garmin has been nothing but positive.

There is no reason for any individual to have a computer in his home. - Ken Olsen, President, Digital Equipment, 1977

quote:
Originally posted by HartClimbs:

You may have already checked this but make sure your Palm Hotsync software is disabled before you connect your GPS.

The error you indicated is similar to one I received when trying to communicate with the GPS (via easygps and Mapsource) while Hotsync was still active.

Good luck - my experience with Garmin has been nothing but positive.

_There is no reason for any individual to have a computer in his home. - Ken Olsen, President, Digital Equipment, 1977_

Good idea...can I disable the software without having to uninstall it?

Thanks,

Bob

www.vonsworks.com

Serial port PDAs are a big problem for any GPS to work. Need to temporarly remove the Hot sync Craddle and to disable the Hot sync drivers before you use any gps on comm ports.

Ive had many many many comm port problems, so I fixed that by not having an internal dial-up modem or serial hot sync craddle for a PDA.

Ive had many Gamins and Magellans, and they all worked great on the comm ports.

If PDA uses Comm 1 and Modem uses Comms 2 or 4, then you will have to disable your Palm pilot drivers temporarly while you connect your GPS to the comm port.

Another way is to use a USB to serial adaptor cable, so you can use a USB port instead.

You can use this adaptor for your palm pilot, so you can free up the comm port.

I think that there are Conflicts in you computer (Hardware/software/drivers)

Call Garmin to tell them you have a palm pilot, and a modem. Tell them what comm ports your PDA and modem uses, then Garmin can walk you though the best solution to the problem. It is like when you go to your doctor, and bring your present prescriptions with you, so that he can help you better.

Simulator is turned on and off from the Satellite Screen using the Menu. Simulator is the same as turning off the reciever portion of your GPS.

I have the Vista, and it never was a problem. I gave it to my sister, and it is in Kuwait right now.

Ok, rants and raves, and personal dislikes aside (I am using an eTrex Legend, and on the couple of occasions that I have had to call their tech support, I have found them very helpful. I will agree however that the Garmin manuals could be be better written). As for your Hotsync question, when you boot your PC and Windoze is up and running, you should see the Hotsync icon in the system tray. Right click on that, select set-up and then in the "General" tab, select the "Manual" mode. (If you can't find the Hotsync manager in your system tray, go it's folder in the Start menu, and select "Hotsync Manager") Now, reboot your PC, connect your GPS and start EasyGPS. Go to the GPS menu and select "Test Serial Connection" If all is working, you should get a response with the type and firmware version of your GPS. In Mapsource, (with the GPS connected and powered up) click on the "Save to Device" icon, and in the "Communication Options" area, click on "Auto-Detect". This should find it. Once it does, not the settings and apply them to all of your GPS software.

I have a friend that has a vista, and I have a camo and a legend. My computer recognizes all three. I did have a problem once when I did not get the plug in the back just right. Is it possable the cord is the problem? Do you know anyone with a cord you could borrow?

Ron

quote:
Originally posted by GOT GPS?:

Serial port PDAs are a big problem for any GPS to work. Need to temporarly remove the Hot sync Craddle and to disable the Hot sync drivers before you use any gps on comm ports.

Ive had many many many comm port problems, so I fixed that by not having an internal dial-up modem or serial hot sync craddle for a PDA.

Ive had many Gamins and Magellans, and they all worked great on the comm ports.

If PDA uses Comm 1 and Modem uses Comms 2 or 4, then you will have to disable your Palm pilot drivers temporarly while you connect your GPS to the comm port.

Another way is to use a USB to serial adaptor cable, so you can use a USB port instead.

You can use this adaptor for your palm pilot, so you can free up the comm port.

I think that there are Conflicts in you computer (Hardware/software/drivers)

Call Garmin to tell them you have a palm pilot, and a modem. Tell them what comm ports your PDA and modem uses, then Garmin can walk you though the best solution to the problem. It is like when you go to your doctor, and bring your present prescriptions with you, so that he can help you better.

Simulator is turned on and off from the Satellite Screen using the Menu. Simulator is the same as turning off the reciever portion of your GPS.

I have the Vista, and it never was a problem. I gave it to my sister, and it is in Kuwait right now.

My thoughts are for your sister and all our service men and women over there right now. I think yours and others ideas about the PDA are on target. I just went into my network for the PDA and believe I disabled it. I'm going to reboot and see if that made a difference. I also turned off my GPS in the Vista system. If this doesn't work then I'll call GARMIN (they're opening right now). These are great ideas -- I sense I'm getting closer to figuring this out.

Thanks,

Bob

www.vonsworks.com

ummmm....

i am new to GPSr's, but not to PC's

nobody mentioned this (so I assume it was NOT done)..

bhist, you say you have a Palm on that same port. do you have a HotSync Icon down next to the clock (looks like a red and blue circle arror)?

If you do click it once and take the check out of LOCAL SERIAL.

This should work. Palm's software will lock out the port to anything but the palm

PS: you have to put that check back in there to sync the palm

If none of your software can find the GPS, connect it to another port and try again. If the previous poster is right (which sounds very probable), then you have a Hotsync application running. If so, it will grab the port and not let the GPS auto detect service in the different utilities (including MapSource) see the GPS. Hotsync for Palm can be turned off by clicking on the icon in the tool bar, then selecting "Exit". This is very basic, provided you use any PDA with your PC.

In the Garmin Vista, "simulator mode" is called "Demo mode". In the Vista Rev. C manual, at page 53, it says "Demo mode simulates navigation". Rather plain, I would say.

Using the Garmin updater program, to update the firmware of the unit, is very simple. Again, the serial port used must be available to the program.

The eTrex Vista is an amazing GPS unit, with a great deal of features packed into the fírmware. Some users will never bother to learn all it can do, some will.

Garmin after sales service beats most of what I've been confronted with, all other companies I've dealt with included.

I'm still looking for the disaters in their website, but I'll come back and comment on them, when I've found them.

Anders

quote:
Originally posted by nevin1977:

"... ummmm....

i am new to GPSr's, but not to PC's

nobody mentioned this (so I assume it was NOT done)..

bhist, you say you have a Palm on that same port. do you have a HotSync Icon down next to the clock (looks like a red and blue circle arror)?

If you do click it once and take the check out of LOCAL SERIAL.

This should work. Palm's software will lock out the port to anything but the palm

PS: you have to put that check back in there to sync the palm..."

...the very same thing as was discussed here a couple of days ago.

FWIW

I do have the GPS and the PDA working fine together on my GF's computer, as long as she is not online. Try syncing the palm while the modem is in use, and you are rebooting the computer to get the use of your comm ports back.

Since I'm connected to the 'net via a network at my house, I don't have any conflicts at all.

Tae-Kwon-Leap is not a path to a door, but a road leading forever towards the horizon.

quote:
Originally posted by Anders:

"...I'm still looking for the disaters in their website, but I'll come back and comment on them, when I've found them..."

Hey Anders, don't go picking on our new friend 'Bob' (we know a condescending remark when we read one) ...he's already having a rough enough day as it is.

icon_wink.gif

quote:
Good idea...can I disable the software without having to uninstall it?

You should be able to 'right click' on the hotsync icon in your system tray and select 'EXIT'.

When you want to sync your palm later - just go into your PROGRAMS/PALMDESKTOP and start Hotsync. As others have noted, there are several other options for accomplishing the same thing but this seems easiest to me.

Also, I have 'START MANUALLY' setup in my Hotsync options so I don't have hotsync start automatically (and consume resources all day long when I only sync periodically).

Good luck - hope this has helped.

There is no reason for any individual to have a computer in his home. - Ken Olsen, President, Digital Equipment, 1977

I'm ignoring the totally fatuous remarks made by Cache Canucks because he's a waste of time.

However, I'm happy to report that GARMIN did come through. I'm the kind of person that will admit when I was wrong (not sure if Cache Canucks is capable of doing that). Patrick, at GARMIN's customer service, was absolutely incredible. He walked me through the steps to resolve the problem and now I can save from GPSEasy and Mapsource. I do want to thank the people that posted lately about the idea of disabling hot sync by clicking on the icon at the bottom of my screen. Good idea, but it didn't work for my situation, however it may work for others.

Here is what Patrick had me do:

We disabled Hot Sync by opening the Windows Task Manager.

· Selected the "Processes" tab

· Scrolled down until I found "Hotsync.exe"

· Highlighted it and then clicked on "End Processes" at the bottom of the Task Manager box.

Then, I logged onto www.garmin.com website and went to Software Updates under the Quicklinks section on the left of their homepage. I downloaded Mapsource version 4.13 and installed it.

Everything works just fine now.

In all my searching I still don’t find references to this problem on the Garmin website and the resolution as Patrick was able to give me. If anyone out there does find this on the website (I forgot to ask Patrick if it exist), then please update it on this thread.

Again, thanks to all that helped. Maybe I can return the favor someday.

Thanks,

Bob

www.vonsworks.com

quote:

"...I'm the kind of person that will admit when I was wrong (not sure if Cache Canucks is capable of doing that)..."

I'm not the one stuck with a case full of 'Garmin Sucks' buttons and nowhere to wear them 'Bob' (...how's that little boycott campaign of yours going by the way?).

icon_rolleyes.gif

quote:

quote:

"...I'm the kind of person that will admit when I was wrong (not sure if Cache Canucks is capable of doing that)..."

I'm not the one stuck with a case full of 'Garmin Sucks' buttons and nowhere to wear them 'Bob' (...how's that little boycott campaign of yours going by the way?).

icon_rolleyes.gif

Can you just drop it? Don't you have something constructive to do than be so vindictive? Get a life and shut up!

Thanks,

Bob

www.vonsworks.com

Another compoooter expert...kind of amused at the boycott the french but buy a Magellan, aren't they owned by a french company? Need to give Garmin Customer Service a lesson but hadn't even called. Why am I even responding?...where's the ignore button? I think it's the weather, raining and don't feel like cacheing in a downpour. Ignore me, I'm bored...

quote:
Originally posted by etalon910:

"...Nobody likes getting the third degree from anyone!.. and I'm sure you are the same..."

Go back and read the guy's posts, starting with the one at the very top of this thread.

If you jump on top of a table in a room full of people and start yelling at the top of your lungs (which, forum-ly speaking, is what 'Bob' did), someone's bound to tell you to sit down and get a grip ...*especially* if what you're yelling is a crock of ****. There's far more tactful (and effective) ways of asking for assistance here - and plenty of people willing to offer it - without going off half-cocked into some ill-conceived tirade of misdirected frustration.

Thank you all for the amusement. I finished reading this entire subject. I started reading with the thoughts of helping, but saw it has been resolved. The amusing jibes back and forth are so reminiscent of those childhood battles in the back seat during a long trip. ( dad, shes looking at me funny, make her stop ! )

I would like to pretend I've grown up enough to be past all that, but since I'm stuck inside on a beautiful day, I'll join in the shenanigans.

first off, never had a Garmin, but I love my freedom-toast, freedom fries, and, sacre-bleu mon ami, I love my Magellan.

So, I shall venture a totally biased, unsubstantiated, unexplored, uninformed opinion comment that garmin MUST suck. If Garmin wishes to send me a complimentary unit so I may review its functioning, and thereby re-tract my statement ( eat my words ) and instead write a glowing review, please contact me through this column.

Also I think since some Canucks are FRENCH speaking, we should boycott all Canadian bacon, known as ham to the rest of the world, and immediately erect an inefficient border system which can be crossed by large amounts of illegal immigrants daily.

Happy caching to all.

Two roads diverged in the woods and I,

I took the one less traveled,

and that is how I found the cache.

bhist wrote:

quote:
Gee...you were a lot of help. Why did you bother posting? Yes, I've read every single post by searching COMM before I asked for help.

Obviously you didn't "read every single post by searching COMM", or you would have seen some people mention that PDA software can cause problems when hooking up a GPS.

Perhaps if you act in a more rational manner when you pose questions, you'll get better responses.

With an attitude like yours, why do you bother posting?

George

Best method to troubleshoot anything is to gain access to more than one computer and/or GPS. This means working with another person if you only have ONE COMPUTER, and ONE GPS. I have multiple PCs,and GPS, so I Can use the other devices to compare. Many a problem on this Messageboard, is because somebody has a single PC and GPS. Right now I have 2 pcs and a Laptop. Also I have a GPS III, 2 GPS V's, Platinum, and GPS 315.

My Palm m130 PDA is brand new and it is designed to Sync up to the PC via USB, so both Comm 1 and Comm 2 on the PC works good. If a cable is ever plugged or unplugged while the PC is running, will eventually make the ports unreliable.

quote:

In all my searching I still don’t find references to this problem on the Garmin website and the resolution as Patrick was able to give me.

This is because it's not a garmin problem - it's actually the way your PC's serial ports work. You'd have had the same issue with a Magellen GPS, a digital camera, pretty much anything that tried to use the port while HOTSYNC was running. If you have a beef, it's with PALM.

Glad you got things working - just curious, are you going to start another thread titled "Garmin Customer Support was Great" since they helped you learn how to use your PC?

As I said earlier, my experience with Garmin has been nothing but positive.

quote:
Originally posted by Captain Chaoss:

"...I think since some Canucks are FRENCH speaking, we should boycott all Canadian bacon, known as ham to the rest of the world, and immediately erect an inefficient border system which can be crossed by large amounts of illegal immigrants daily..."

We actually call it 'back bacon' or 'peameal bacon' up here. The difference in syntax is no doubt a deliberate clandestine attempt on the part of the Canadian Pork Marketing Board to infiltrate Canadian pork products into international markets with the assistance of large numbers of illegal immigrants through an inefficient border system.

(dadgum tasty though ...sliced, fried, and served on a toasted kaiser bun with a frosty bottle of Labatts Blue, it's the perfect snack when you're sitting down to watch the hockey game on TV!)

icon_smile.gif

I run 2 garmin units. The 76 and the GPS V wount trade them for anything, unless it was newer or better garmins icon_wink.gif ... I alos have 2 HP jornada handheld PC's... even though I sync via USB I have found that the jornadas some times take cotrol of the Comm port... After setting them straight I was abke to then connect the GPS's no problem to all the differnt software I use. The few litte bumos in the road I have had with my units were usally not their fault and the few times I have contacted Garmin about it they were very helffull in trying to figuere out the isse with me... Love my garmins always will

Andrew of ESFkids