PDA Weatherproof Case

Adimantium

I want to get some weather protection for my Handspring PDA+Magellan Companion hardware. I have pretty much narrowed my options to a protective waterproof bag/pouch. I'm not looking for complete shock protection like an otter box, just basic rain/splash, dirt/sand, light shock absorption and scratch resistance while allowing for full functionality of the PDA.

I found two cases that seem like good solutions and would accommodate my PDA which is quite bulky with the Magellan Companion installed.

Aquapac - very good reviews but a bit pricey

http://www.waterproofcases.net/365.html

SealLine - economic but not sure if vinyl is clear enough to get a good view and operate the PDA properly

http://www.rei.com/online/store/ProductDisplay?storeId=8000&catalogId=40000008000&productId=9610824&parent_category_rn=4501504#

I would like to hear some opinions if anyone has used any of them or could recommend a similar product.

Before I lost my GPS for my Visor... Yea I know I lost the one thing that keeps me from getting lost... Anyway

I found this place located just up the street in a magazine and website. I was going to see if they would be willing to make a case or help me mod one so that the GPS module would fit.

If anyone is seriously interested I would be willing to talk to them about such a thing. Heck I might do it anyway because I still use my Visor outside quite a bit.

Otterstore Cases

A = A

quote:
SealLine - economic but not sure if vinyl is clear enough to get a good view and operate the PDA properly

http://www.rei.com/online/store/ProductDisplay?storeId=8000&catalogId=40000008000&productId=9610824&parent_category_rn=4501504#

I found the SealLine pouch at my local outdoors store. The plastic is not completely clear as I suspected but good enough to read the screen and I can use the stylus with no problems. The Visor+GPS companion fit pretty snugly, they had bigger bags but I think this one will do just fine. It also comes with a foam insert to provide some shock protection and flotation if dropped in water. So I went ahead and got me one, not a bad deal for $20 plus tax.

I don't use a Handspring, but a Palm m515. I have the titanium case for it and it works VERY WELL, I have droppend it numerous times without any damage. I haven't tried the water test yet and hope not to.

Do a google search for Palm cases or PDA cases and you will find numerous cases for Palms, Handsprings, PPCs, etc.

-stroh

-Technology...I have no idea what I would do without my GPSr, my TiVo, or my Computer with a broadband connection. I guess I would spend more time with my wife! icon_smile.gif