Kodak Digital GPS Camera Kit

Guest Anton

Guest Anton

Greetings,

Want one? Maybe we're about to see more digital cameras with GPS connection jacks. I wonder if this is just a model made for industry folks, or if this idea will get into the mainstream camera models. Anyone seen other cameras with a GPS jack?

http://www.kodak.com/US/en/corp/store/catalog/Category.jhtml?CATID=438

Anton

------------------

Anton Ninno, N2RUD

Syracuse, NY 13210

Guest Quinnow

Actually I have known of this setup for quite some time. My brother in law which works for Kodak says that they started out for the purpose of surveying and photographing plots and markers within kodak park located in Rochester, Ny. then it just went from there. he borrows one from kodak time to time sort of like getting a book from the library, he just signs it out for the day. it's a pretty cool setup and the one he used would put the long/lats right on the picture.

------------------

Quinn Stone

Rochester, NY.14616

www.Navicache.com

Guest thepuck

quote:
Originally posted by Anton:

Greetings,

Want one? Maybe we're about to see more digital cameras with GPS connection jacks. I wonder if this is just a model made for industry folks, or if this idea will get into the mainstream camera models. Anyone seen other cameras with a GPS jack?

Anton

Rick Bobbitt actually wrote a free digital script for the Kodak DC290 to use with the also free serial cable you get with the camera.

This script is really cool icon_biggrin.gif

------------------

LEP

Guest thepuck

quote:
Originally posted by Anton:

Greetings,

Anton

Rick Bobbitt actually wrote a free digital script for the Kodak DC290 to use with the also free serial cable you get with the camera.

This script is really cool icon_biggrin.gif

------------------

LEP