magellan merigreen question

georapper

The compass on the merigreen only works if you are moving.(uses the sat's). The 3-axil compass on the meriplat is independant and will work without a sat. lock. The same is true of the altitude readings. THe merigreen uses the sat's. to triangulate the reading, the meriplat takes a barometric reading to calculate your altitude. Now if I could just decide Between the Meriplat, and the GPSmap 76S for my next GPSr?

"If I knew how thirsty I was going to be this morning, I would have drank more last night."

In case you are not aware, Magellan's have a great feature on the compass screen that allows you to orient your screen even if you are not moving. If you align the sun symbol on the compass screen with the position of the sun in the sky then your compass will be aligned correctly. If the moon is out you can also align the moon symbol on the screen with the position of the moon in the sky. I have found this feature so handy that I chose the Meridian Gold over the Platinum as I considered the electronic compass to be an unnecessary expense.

Discover Utah.......One cache at a time!