Garmin's MetroGuideUSA

If I spend the 100 buck on the CD for the "all 50 states maps", is that it? I see also there is activation for any specific region. My question is this... After spending the 100 bucks do I have to spend additional money to "unlock" my CD?? Seems unethical to me. Kinda like ... I go to a car dealer and he says you can now drive all over the nation in your new car, but then when I try to leave the parking lot of the dealership he says "wait, you gotta pay extra money to access the roads on which you want to drive"

How does this whole unlock/pay extra money thing work??

You can activate the entire country if you want. However, by selecting only those regions you need, you save on hard disk storage since the program will only transfer selected map regions from the CD to the disk.

If you're going ona trip with your laptop, don't forget to take the CD with you or preload the region before you leave.

Alan

quote:
Originally posted by Search1128:

If I spend the 100 buck on the CD for the "all 50 states maps", is that it? I see also there is activation for any specific region. My question is this... After spending the 100 bucks do I have to spend additional money to "unlock" my CD?? Seems unethical to me. Kinda like ... I go to a car dealer and he says you can now drive all over the nation in your new car, but then when I try to leave the parking lot of the dealership he says "wait, you gotta pay extra money to access the roads on which you want to drive"

How does this whole unlock/pay extra money thing work??

no. Metroguide is complete. Your money gets you ALL 50 states. One of the reasons I love Metro as opposed to City Select. It's a good buy in my opinion.

BTW you can get around the hassle of having to carry the CD around with your laptop by making an image of the CDs and putting them on your hardrive (assuming you have the harddrive space.) As long as you bought and paid for a legal copy of the software I see no problem is doing this.

Jolly R. Blackburn

http://kenzerco.com

Hi Jolly: Don't you defeat the saving of disk space if you copy the whole CD on your drive rather then activating selected regions? You might as well activate the whole country then. Or does the CD contain data that's Zipped reducing space?

Alan