magellan sportrack map

ok i just wanted everyone to know ..this product does everthing.. its water proff and i have dropped it 6 times already 2 times it hit the rocks and tumbled down the hill.... i highly recommend this product . i will never give it up ....so why are there higher priced units what do they have my magellan doesnt ???? i cant figure out what else i would use ...but maybe i am missing out!!!

It's a good unit and will provide years of service for you, if only you'd stop dropping it so much icon_smile.gif.

More expensive units usually have greater memory capacity for adding maps, and may have a larger built-in base map. Some even come with instruments for temperature, compass, and pressure altitude. Nice to have--but definitely don't need'em.

So wipe the dust off your STMap and have fun.

don

I also have a SM. I like the user interface and that the keys are on the front of the unit. I like the features and the ease of uploading new map regions. I recently upgraded my firmware to 4.03. I highly reccommend you do so. It gives you even more features. Cache on!

"Not only is the universe stranger than we imagine, it is stranger than we can imagine."

Better get a lanyard before you break it or lose it.

quote:
Originally posted by jsstyle8:

ok i just wanted everyone to know ..this product does everthing.. its water proff and i have dropped it 6 times already 2 times it hit the rocks and tumbled down the hill.... i highly recommend this product . i will never give it up ....so why are there higher priced units what do they have my magellan doesnt ???? i cant figure out what else i would use ...but maybe i am missing out!!!

quote:
does it get any better than this?

YES!!....When Magellan decides to improve the waypoint list search. They have a nice alphabetical search using a keyboard-type screen for searching through everything but your waypoints!... icon_frown.gif

Sure is tough getting to one waypoint in the middle of a list of 500 points...

Hopefully they will fix this in a near-future firmware upgrade.

Thats ALMOST my only complaint with my ST Map... icon_smile.gif

Art

www.yankeetoys.org

www.BudBuilt.com

http://www.ttora-ne.mainpage.net/

We own a Magellan Sport Track Map and have recently upgraded our software. It is easy to do. Go to the Magellan Website (magellangps.com) click on products, click on sportrack series, click support, click product support, click sportrack pro, click software up date and follow directions. Hope this is of help to you.

quote:
Originally posted by barry49:

We own a Magellan Sport Track Map and have recently upgraded our software. It is easy to do. Go to the Magellan Website (magellangps.com) click on products, click on sportrack series, click support, click product support, click sportrack pro, click software up date and follow directions. Hope this is of help to you.

Unless you are 100% sure of what you are doing, loading the firmware for a model other then yours is not a good idea. Some models can cease to work with the wrong firmware, and have to be sent back to the manufacturer for repair.

Tae-Kwon-Leap is not a path to a door, but a road leading forever towards the horizon.

quote:
Originally posted by Cache Masters:

I have one too, and its awesome. I love the digital compas feature, its great for when your looking for the cash. When you installed the map software, its got some really cool features. Anyway just thought I would say I love mine too!

I have one and it's not a digital compass in the Sportrak Map.. it looks like a compass but it is a differential compass, meaning it looks at where you were a second ago and where you are now and deduces your direction... sorry to burst your bubble!

Rob

Mobile Cache Command