hooking up sportrak pro to laptop

should be able to get a male to male short serial cable that will solve this problem for you. however, i'm not exactly sure that the port on your laptop you're mentioning is actually a serial port. I fear you might be referring to the external monitor port, which would be female. Make sure your laptop indeed has a SERIAL port first. Mine has both a serial port (male) and a port for an external monitor (Female)...so be sure it's the right thing. If the ports have little icons beside them, the serial port will have what looks like "IOIO" where the external monitor port will be a small box...looks sorta like a tv screen or monitor. This is what i think you're describing here...could be wrong.

r.

yes, in fact, there exists such a gadget that will plug into one of your USB ports and make it a serial port. having never done this, i'm not sure which brand works the best, but I know others on the site have made statements as to which ones work the best. I'll see if i can find those posts and markwell them for you.

r.