Considering buying the yellow eTrex...

Guest shay

Guest Iron Chef

quote:
Originally posted by mikechim:

I would go with the venture as well. For a few bucks more you get much more.

Agreed, especially if you are going to go the eTrex route.

------------------

-Iron Chef

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

agefive.com/geocache/ ~ Fe-26

Lets Drive Fast and Eat Cheese!

Guest joshuabrand

N/B000058BCO/qid=1005531178/sr=8- 1/ref=sr_8_7_1/102-2046138-7516104 ). You should also consider buying the etrex case for $15 ( http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00004VX39/qid%3D1005531322 /ref%3Dsr%5F11%5F0%5F1/102-2046138-7516104 ).

Overall, the Venture's a great deal, you won't be sorry you got it. It's an excellent deal that the yellow unit just can't beat, providing you can afford a few bucks more. I have not been disappointed with my Venture yet!

[This message has been edited by joshuabrand (edited 11 November 2001).]

Guest Groover

I got my Venture a week ago from AdvancedGPS www.advancedgps.com for $150 with free shipping. Its a fantastic unit and I'm amazed it can do so much. icon_biggrin.gif I've already had a lot of fun with it finding my first three caches.

I haven't had chance to try it in a forest yet though.

Guest Groover

I got my Venture a week ago from AdvancedGPS www.advancedgps.com for $150 with free shipping. Its a fantastic unit and I'm amazed it can do so much. icon_biggrin.gif I've already had a lot of fun with it finding my first three caches.

I haven't had chance to try it in a forest yet though.

Guest Hot Job

I also had this dilemma, It was driving me crazy waiting to make the right decision.I think I did, I got in the game! That is to say, the wrong thing to do is not playing.I got the basic etrex and have been having a ball instead of sitting home ringing my hands about this one,over that one.Besides I never owned one so I dont know good from bad, So mine is great. And from reading this forum after you do this awhile It seems most people want the newest one to come out any how.Mine cost $99.00 and I have had that much worth of fun with it.So just get caching.

Guest Choberiba

Hot Job says:

I got the basic etrex

- snippage -

And from reading this forum after you do this awhile It seems most people want the newest one to come out any how.

- snippage -

Having a basic yellow one means that eventually you'll have a spare, for those days when you're introducing someone to the sport.

Newbies will want to hold the gadget, and you'll go through some subtle withdraws while walking behind them, holding the compass, waiting for bearing and distance info the way a dog waits for table scraps...

Unless of course it's your hot looking neighbor in front of you. A completely different dog like reaction will soon follow.

Guest BX Tale

I agree with Groover, go with the venture like myself, from Advancegps. I also bought the car plug. Then went with some rechargeble batteries. For a little more cash you get a whole lot for. So for around $225 I have a new hobby.($175 for the Venture and car plug, and $50 worth of batteries and a charger) The free shipping was what made it such a great deal. Good luck and have fun.