TerraClient mapping software

That's pretty neat. Anybody at Topografix seen this? Sure would be nice to incorporate into ExpertGPS...

homer.gif

"Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand."

[This message was edited by Stunod on March 10, 2003 at 09:55 AM.]

[This message was edited by Stunod on March 10, 2003 at 09:56 AM.]

quote:
Originally posted by Stunod:

That's pretty neat. Anybody at Topografix seen this? Sure would be nice to incorporate into ExpertGPS...

A bunch of ExpertGPS users have asked me to implement a blended topo map/aerial photo view in the program, and it's been on my to-do list for a while now. I hope to get to it soon.

--

Dan Foster

TopoGrafix: GPS Software, Waypoints, and Maps

http://www.topografix.com/

quote:
Originally posted by TopoGrafix:

A bunch of ExpertGPS users have asked me to implement a blended topo map/aerial photo view in the program, and it's been on my to-do list for a while now. I hope to get to it soon.

Great to hear. Looking forward to the feature.

GeoScouter

I received a notice about TerraClient too over the weekend in a newsletter I recieve(LockerGnome).

Tried it last night. Very nice and fun to play with as it has a slider control to add paper map detail over the sat view. The slider adjusts detail.

While I did not try it, it appears that easy printing is supported as well.

Doesn't appear to have any way to import waypoints but they can be manually entered.

It will definitly come in handy at times.

quote:
Originally posted by TopoGrafix:

This is a cool feature of the TerraClient program. What would make it even nicer is if you could choose colors on the paper map that are always translucent (for example the background white color). Then when you used the slider it would just make the lines and words and stuff brighter and darker. If you implement this into ExpertGPS consider doing something like this.

--RuffRidr