Auto Detail vs. Custom Setting

kilo

I am looking for the most detailed track I can get when I mountain bike. My Meridian has a custom detail setting of .01 -- I am wanting to map out an area with mapping software and need the most detailed tracks I can get. I have a memory card , so memory is not a problem. So... the question is, auto detail or custom (.01)??

Thanks in advance,

I recently walked a creek that crosses our property and then saved the track to my memory card. I was in the Auto Detailed mode, and my MeriGreen saved 29 trackpoints in 1956 feet, or one about every 67 feet. In Custom .01 mode, I guess it would have saved 37 trackpoints, one every 53 feet.

One thing to remember is that the capacity of the unit is 2000 trackpoints, or about 20 miles in the .01 mode.

I leave my MeriColor set on auto detail almost all the time. When frequent turns are made it automatically shifts into the MAX or Custom trackpoint type of mode; in a straight line it spreads out the points . In other words you can route much farther without "using up" trackpoints.

"Blessed are those who can laugh at themselves for they shall never cease to be amused"