In-vechicle reception

So far I've used my Meridian Platinum in my Saturn and in my GM Venture (mini-van). I get fine reception in my Saturn, which is good since it's what I normally drive. However, we use the mini-van when geocaching on the weekend since we're hauling the kids and the dog. The problem is I see the satellite reception drop drastically as soon as I bring it into the car. Since the Platinum doesn't have an external antenna, I'm wondering what my other options might be to get good signal.

You can see if the re-radiator antennas work for you.

But, it may be you have a metal coated windshield, so you'd have to put the external antenna on your roof or something.

I've seen a good review of the re-radiator, but am not sure how well they really work.

DustyJacket

Not all those that wander are lost. But in my case... icon_biggrin.gif

quote:
Originally posted by Blue Falcon:

So far I've used my Meridian Platinum in my Saturn and in my GM Venture (mini-van). I get fine reception in my Saturn, which is good since it's what I normally drive. However, we use the mini-van when geocaching on the weekend since we're hauling the kids and the dog. The problem is I see the satellite reception drop drastically as soon as I bring it into the car. Since the Platinum doesn't have an external antenna, I'm wondering what my other options might be to get good signal.

Check out here:reception

"Gimpy"

--KC2KNI--

Your Venture being a clone of my Montana or vice versa has a film in the window. You can see the line near the top of the window.

That film tends to block GPS signals and mess up your reception.

I end up having to use my GPS by a side window. That perks it right up.

==============================

Wherever you go there you are.