waypoint/mapping software for Linux?

Guest badbitbucket

Guest badbitbucket

I'm trying to rid myself of my Microsoft addiction by gradually working my way over to Linux, Star Office, etc. (The final straw for me was Windows XP)

Anyway, I haven't been able to find GPS/Mapping related software for Linux. There must be SOMETHING out there...

-BBB

Guest Elwood

Final straw was windows xp???

windows xp is the best answer microsoft has ever come up with, dont give up just when the light(of the oncoming train) begins to shine at the end of the tunnel.

Guest ClayJar

The thing about XP is that it's almsot as incompatible with my hardware and software as Linux. If I'm going to have to go through compatibility problems, I'd just as soon move to a free and open system (rather than lcok myself into the Microsoft profit machine).

Guest badbitbucket

quote:
Originally posted by Elwood:

Final straw was windows xp???

windows xp is the best answer microsoft has ever come up with, dont give up just when the light(of the oncoming train) begins to shine at the end of the tunnel.

Oncomming train is quite an apt description. do you really want to ask Microsoft for permission to upgrade your system? Not me. Read my lips: "I ain't gonna do it."