Custom Peel Off Screen Protectors for Meridian, GPS V, Etrex and others

Hi everyone,

After hearing about the costs of replacing a scratched screencover, I looked for a better alternative than buying a $20 pack of PDA covers and cutting it myself.

Brad at Strong Engineering created one to fit exactly. They currently have the Etrex, GPS V, and Rino also listed, but will happily make one to fit your particular GPS unit.

$6.95 for twelve. Shipping is $2.40. $9.35 total

Much cheaper than $51 for a new screen from Magellan or $125 for a refurbed unit from Garmin!

(I have no connection to Stong Engineering.)

The link is not working for me at this time but that sounds really interesting. Have you gotten yours yet? If so how do you like it?

I will try the link again later.

Thanks for posting

______________________________________________________________________________________

The 'idiot' who should be banned because he likes to spend all day annoying people while drinking beer.

Thank you very much.

any idea on the shipping time?

______________________________________________________________________________________

The 'idiot' who should be banned because he likes to spend all day annoying people while drinking beer.

Thank you for helping get this product to market for the rest of us!

I'm going to order some of these, since I am tired of trimming down the ones I bought for my Palm PDA.

homer.gif

"Alright Brain, you don't like me, and I don't like you. But lets just do this, and I can get back to killing you with beer."

I looked in the package and counted only 8 of them. I was beginning to think I was shorted when I realized that I was looking at the bonus packs. They had sent my order of 12, plus 8 more!

I'll use those in the caches!

Tried one of them and they work great.

Once again, thanks for the link! icon_smile.gif

~Honest Value Never Fails~

I looked in the package and counted only 8 of them. I was beginning to think I was shorted when I realized that I was looking at the bonus packs. They had sent my order of 12, plus 8 more!

I'll use those in the caches!

Tried one of them and they work great.

Once again, thanks for the link! icon_smile.gif

~Honest Value Never Fails~

I would hate for Palm and Handspring users to feel out, so check out this site! Way cool for night caching. Comliments the back lighting with glow in the dark Grafitti area. Kinda pricey, but N E A T O. icon_eek.gif

---------------

wavey.gif Go! And don't be afraid to get a little wet!

[This message was edited by VentureForth on October 10, 2002 at 10:40 AM.]

I would hate for Palm and Handspring users to feel out, so check out this site! Way cool for night caching. Comliments the back lighting with glow in the dark Grafitti area. Kinda pricey, but N E A T O. icon_eek.gif

---------------

wavey.gif Go! And don't be afraid to get a little wet!

[This message was edited by VentureForth on October 10, 2002 at 10:40 AM.]

I received mine a couple of days ago and did not put one on until now. They seem to be ok especially for the price. I They are a little short long ways and because of that they leave some of my screen exposed. Has anyone else had this problem? I have a GPS V. I will use them for now but I think I will be switching to my Brando when it comes in. The down side of the brando is that I will have to cut it to size. I have a brando screen protector on my Clie and love the darn thing. They are the best.

Confused New Owner Of a Garmin GPS V Received on 10-03-02

quote:
Originally posted by umc:

I They are a little short long ways and because of that they leave some of my screen exposed. Has anyone else had this problem? I have a GPS V.

Yea, mine showed up last week and they were .1 inch too small. I wrote them an email and they confirmed their first batch was cut wrong. They then sent me the correct size and included 16 of them to make up for the "oops". Just write them an email with your original order number and address and they will send you the right size. Mine have come and they do fit exactly.

66427_2400.gif

Hey UMC,

Looks like you must have solved your icon_wink.gif reception problems with your Garmin V! If you don't mind, send me an email if you figured out the reception problem (Locking On ). I haven't bought on yet, but am leaning heavily towards the Garmin V.

Firetrkdriver

quote:
Originally posted by umc:

Thanks for getting back. I'm going to order mine now.

icon_smile.gifProud New Owner Of a Garmin GPS V Received on 10-03-02

icon_smile.gif

quote:
Originally posted by Firetrkdriver:

Hey UMC,

Looks like you must have solved your icon_wink.gif reception problems with your Garmin V! If you don't mind, send me an email if you figured out the reception problem (Locking On ). I haven't bought on yet, but am leaning heavily towards the Garmin V.

Firetrkdriver

You can read all about it in this thread.

Confused New Owner Of a Garmin GPS V Received on 10-03-02

I found open package PDA screen protectors at the Big Blue W store for real cheap on the discount rack. All were accounted for so I bought them, For the price, I'll cut them to use for GPSr screen savers.

Quote me as saying I was mis-quoted.

quote:
Originally posted by Muddocker:

They sent me 16 new ones and I didn't e-mail them. They sent the new ones on there own. Now that is something you rarely hear of. icon_smile.gif

City Life. Millions of people being lonesome together. (Henry David Thoreau)

Right on, I emailed them and got the response that they were sending them out to everyone anyway. I was impressed also.

Coming Around, New Owner Of a Garmin GPS V Received on 10-03-02

Soon after placing my order, I received a batch of the first-cut "slightly short" ones for the Garmin V (along with several free samples for other units). Then yesterday, I received 16 replacement protectors of the correct size for every 12 I had ordered. Great service! I hadn't even complained about the first batch.

The protectors ARE made of a lighter weight material than I expected, but they should prevent scratches okay. Maybe not dings, however. Still, I'm more than satisfied with their prices and customer service.

Worldtraveler

quote:
Originally posted by Muddocker:

They sent me 16 new ones and I didn't e-mail them. They sent the new ones on there own. Now that is something you rarely hear of. icon_smile.gif

City Life. Millions of people being lonesome together. (Henry David Thoreau)

I was thinking about sending off an e-mail, & new ones showed up at my door before I took the time to. Nice. icon_wink.gif

"Gimpy"

Thanks for letting us all know about the Strong Site for the covers. My eTrex Legend just came back from Garmin to have the "ClicStic" rubber replaced and the scratched screen while it was there.

BTW - Garmin service was beyond expectations. They were fast and did more than was needed to return a unit to the customer.

Drahcir...

I just ordered some screen protectors for my Garmin V and emailed him telling him I was a geocacher. He told me when he was shipping them and that he'd give me extras. Never had an experience quite like this one ordering online. Will definitely go back to him and refer him to others. Thanks for letting us know about the site!

Yeah. I order a set of protectors for my Legend before a trip and they were here when I returned. Three pack of extras, too. They are cut about a quarter of an inch too small in each direction. Saw the posts about replacements. I'll wait a bit and then send an email.

I don't have the basic Etrex and thought maybe they were cut for it instead of the Legend. We'll see.

Looks like everyone is getting good service from them.

I placed an order with Strong Engineering for screen protectors for my Meridian Platinum very late on Saturday night along with sending them an email mentioning I was a geocacher and thanking them for their product. I then received an email from Brad at Strong Engineering first thing Sunday morning confirming my purchase and that it would be shipped first thing Monday morning. More importantly, he wanted to thank all the Geocachers for their business and that he would add some extra screen protectors for me to pass along as geoloot.

It's nice to see a company with great customer service and an unsolicited willingness to go the extra mile.