Mapsend version??

Guest prv8eye

Guest prv8eye

Does anyone know if the Mapsend Streets software being sold for the Meridian line is the same version as that bundled with the Map 330?

The picture of the Map 330 on the software package is gone but I suspect it's the same software with a new package.

Am I wrong?

Anyone know what is the latest version of Mapsend? It doesn't seem to ever be listed in retail advertising and I don't want to buy an outdated copy.

Is there any differnce between Mapsend Streets and Mapsend Gold?

Gus

Guest loubob57

I tried using the Map 330 version of Map Send Streets with my Meridian Gold. It said it found the Merdian on COM 1. But no matter how small of a region I selected, it said the map was bigger than the memory available in my "Map 330". I have not applied the 1.1 patch yet.

Is there any hope to make this version work? I was planning on getting the Map Send Topo for Christmas, I'd hate to have to wait until then to get any maps uploaded!

Guest phantom4099

I have version 1.1 and finnaly after asking quite a bit of questions got my 32mb SD card. The mapsend streets that came with the 330 showes the correct amount of memory for the meridian if I choose to downloaded it with a serial connection (but it a good idea to get a card reader).

Wyatt W

Guest loubob57

Another thread here made me wonder ...

I have a Meridian Gold which has 16 MB internal. Can you load detail maps into that memory or do you have to have an SD card?

I was planning on getting one, just don't have it yet.

Guest loubob57

I went and bought an SD card at CompUSA. Lexar 64MB for $99. You can find them cheaper, but I was in a hurry. That's still much better than Best Buy. They wanted $130 for a SanDisk 64MB.

Anyway, the 1.1 version of MapSend for the 330 now works with the Meridian. I can only upload 8MB though. That will hold me until I can get the Meridian version for Christmas. icon_smile.gif

So the Meridian Gold vs the plain Meridian must mean you get a more detailed basemap with the Gold, right?

Guest loubob57

I went and bought an SD card at CompUSA. Lexar 64MB for $99. You can find them cheaper, but I was in a hurry. That's still much better than Best Buy. They wanted $130 for a SanDisk 64MB.

Anyway, the 1.1 version of MapSend for the 330 now works with the Meridian. I can only upload 8MB though. That will hold me until I can get the Meridian version for Christmas. icon_smile.gif

So the Meridian Gold vs the plain Meridian must mean you get a more detailed basemap with the Gold, right?

Guest RaceNet

I have a map 330 and the mapsend softwares.

I am having a problem with uploaded maps. How do I delete them out of the GPS? Have tried everything I can think of, without success.

I got a darn topo map in there that really

messes up an important area and I need to get it out. HELP!!!!!

Bob

Guest TheDevantiers

quote:
Originally posted by loubob57:

I am thinking of getting MapSend Streets (probably the 330 version if I get an eBay copy) for my MeriGold. Has anybody else been able to upload more than 8MB of maps to a Meridian? ClayJar, have you done more than 8MB yet (without a card reader)?

Guest TheDevantiers

quote:
Originally posted by loubob57:

I am thinking of getting MapSend Streets (probably the 330 version if I get an eBay copy) for my MeriGold. Has anybody else been able to upload more than 8MB of maps to a Meridian? ClayJar, have you done more than 8MB yet (without a card reader)?