expertgps problem

In order to show your position you have to be moving, unless you can make an Internet connection, it cannot track your position. I believe of you have this on a laptop and have down loaded maps it will track you your position.

If I’m wrong someone please correct me.

icon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gif

In order to show your position you have to be moving, unless you can make an Internet connection, it cannot track your position. I believe of you have this on a laptop and have down loaded maps it will track you your position.

If I’m wrong someone please correct me.

icon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gif

Yes you are right. When you "Enable GPS Tracking", immediately, a yellow circle should be displayed on the active topo map marking your position even if you do not move.

ExpertGPS 1.1.1 (evaluation/trial version) tracking has been working perfectly on my Windows ME notebook.

I'm really curious what may be wrong with your system icon_confused.gif

Yes you are right. When you "Enable GPS Tracking", immediately, a yellow circle should be displayed on the active topo map marking your position even if you do not move.

ExpertGPS 1.1.1 (evaluation/trial version) tracking has been working perfectly on my Windows ME notebook.

I'm really curious what may be wrong with your system icon_confused.gif

The GPS has to have NEMA output set on to track on a computer. It's a mode that is constantly broadcasting it's position. I don't know how to activate it on a Garmin but I know it's there and it is necessary for real time tracking.

Check out your menus.

geosign.gif

Is there anyone who can help me? I purchased Expert GPS over a week ago...no customer support from Expert GPS.... I guess they don't support there product..... Guess I will see if they really make refunds to unsatisfied customers....

quote:
Originally posted by topcat:

no customer support from Expert GPS.... I guess they don't support there product

Look the previous message. It's from topografix.

I would not want better support when the author of an application contacted me directly icon_smile.gif

The NMEA (National Marine Electronics Association) (not NEMA) interface should be set in the Garmin device.

In the ExpertGPS configuration make sure 4800 speed is set. I'm aware that you made sure; I still ask you to recheck again your settings.

quote:

no customer support from Expert GPS.... I guess they don't support there product

Look the previous message. It's from topografix.

I would not want better support when the author of an application contacted me directly icon_smile.gif

The NMEA (National Marine Electronics Association) (not NEMA) interface should be set in the Garmin device.

In the ExpertGPS configuration make sure 4800 speed is set. I'm aware that you made sure; I still ask you to recheck again your settings.

quote:

Is there anyone who can help me? I purchased Expert GPS over a week ago...no customer support from Expert GPS.... I guess they don't support there product..... Guess I will see if they really make refunds to unsatisfied customers....

If you really sent an email to support2002 @ expertgps.com, please send it again. I don't have any record of your support request, other than what's in this forum. And this forum isn't the best place to try to debug your problem.

Thanks to everyone who's offered suggestions to topcat!

--

Dan Foster

TopoGrafix: GPS Software, Waypoints, and Maps

http://www.topografix.com/