cheapest gps hand held for the game

My brother says this is the right place to post this question.

What is the cheapest gps hand held that I can use for playing this game?

I have seen him do it with his Maggelan with the square antenna but he says he paid about $250 for and that is too much for me to play.

Yes, Kimosabe...

quote:
I have seen him do it with his Maggelan with the square antenna but he says he paid about $250 for and that is too much for me to play.

You can buy cheap, or you can buy a real good GPS for little money. Look at Magellan 315, you won’t have maps like the new ones. You will have one of the best antennas for heavy tree cover. Upgradeable software, PC mapping capability and most of the bells and whistles you would ever want to get started in caching. Last weekend my family & I went on cache, after a ½ mile trek, my Mag 315 got me within 4 feet to the cache.

Do your own research, do a search at the top of this forum, and see for yourself how many caches have had good luck with the Mag-315.

You can get a new Mag 315 for about $129.00.

Hope this helps. . .

icon_wink.gificon_wink.gificon_wink.gif

quote:

You can buy cheap, or you can buy a real good GPS for little money. Look at Magellan 315, you won’t have maps like the new ones. You will have one of the best antennas for heavy tree cover. Upgradeable software, PC mapping capability and most of the bells and whistles you would ever want to get started in caching. Last weekend my family & I went on cache, after a ½ mile trek, my Mag 315 got me within 4 feet to the cache.

Do your own research, do a search at the top of this forum, and see for yourself how many caches have had good luck with the Mag-315.

Hope this helps. . .

quote:
Originally posted by Mossy Oak:

quote:

_You can buy cheap, or you can buy a real good GPS for little money._ Look at Magellan 315, you won’t have maps like the new ones. You will have one of the best antennas for heavy tree cover. Upgradeable software, PC mapping capability and most of the bells and whistles you would ever want to get started in caching_. Last weekend my family & I went on cache, after a ½ mile trek, my Mag 315 got me within 4 feet to the cache._

_Do your own research, do a search at the top of this forum, and see for yourself how many caches have had good luck with the Mag-315._

Hope this helps. . .

I will try to quote mossy above and hop it looks right.

Mossy, I appreciate your advice. I have been looking on the Internet alot about gpss and have learned much of what the owners are saying. I have also been reading much of these messages here (but there is too much I do not yet understand on here.)

I beleive that I am decided about the Maggelan 315 as it seems to be good features and is waterproof and not so expensive.

If I have pain using it, can I ask more for your help? (I thank you in advance if I can!)

I will soon order it, or maybe check out Wal-Mart too.

Thanks to all for the help and information! (I try the smiley here --) icon_smile.gif

NJ_Tonto

NJ_Tonto

(Yes, Kimosabe...)

quote:
Originally posted by Mossy Oak:

quote:

_You can buy cheap, or you can buy a real good GPS for little money._ Look at Magellan 315, you won’t have maps like the new ones. You will have one of the best antennas for heavy tree cover. Upgradeable software, PC mapping capability and most of the bells and whistles you would ever want to get started in caching_. Last weekend my family & I went on cache, after a ½ mile trek, my Mag 315 got me within 4 feet to the cache._

_Do your own research, do a search at the top of this forum, and see for yourself how many caches have had good luck with the Mag-315._

Hope this helps. . .

I will try to quote mossy above and hop it looks right.

Mossy, I appreciate your advice. I have been looking on the Internet alot about gpss and have learned much of what the owners are saying. I have also been reading much of these messages here (but there is too much I do not yet understand on here.)

I beleive that I am decided about the Maggelan 315 as it seems to be good features and is waterproof and not so expensive.

If I have pain using it, can I ask more for your help? (I thank you in advance if I can!)

I will soon order it, or maybe check out Wal-Mart too.

Thanks to all for the help and information! (I try the smiley here --) icon_smile.gif

NJ_Tonto

NJ_Tonto

(Yes, Kimosabe...)