Position Format?

Really depends on what one is using it for as different users have different requirements and since GPS is a global utility all users need to be catered for.

It might be nice to think there could be a single format but on a global basis it probably a very big ask. Even on a local country basis the different requirements exist for all types of things from land to marine to weather to survey to search and rescue to aircraft and all the other uses in between.

Cheers, Kerry.

I never get lost icon_smile.gif everybody keeps telling me where to go icon_wink.gif

Really depends on what one is using it for as different users have different requirements and since GPS is a global utility all users need to be catered for.

It might be nice to think there could be a single format but on a global basis it probably a very big ask. Even on a local country basis the different requirements exist for all types of things from land to marine to weather to survey to search and rescue to aircraft and all the other uses in between.

Cheers, Kerry.

I never get lost icon_smile.gif everybody keeps telling me where to go icon_wink.gif

If you're geocaching, best to keep the Datum on WGS 84 and the format on dd mm.mmm (degrees/minutes.decimal minutes). That's because the web page has standardized on this and you won't have to worry about going to the wrong location because you entered the wrong cordinates.

Ditto when you're placing a cache as you'll have the right data ready to be inserted on to your cache page on the web.

Alan