Expertgps supports Mapsource export

I did not know until stumbling across this other thread that the new beta version of Expertgps supports export of Mapsource files.

In case anyone else has problems with this...I created a Mapsource file with the new beta version of Expertgps. However, when I tried to open it with version 4.07 of Mapsource I got an error about the file having been created by a different version of Mapsource. I upgraded to the current version of Mapsource (4.11) and all seems to be well.

Thank you Dan and the rest of the Topografix elves...you have simplified my life greatly!! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Alchemist2000

[This message was edited by alchemist2000 on February 16, 2003 at 01:05 PM.]

A few tips, since this is still in development:

ExpertGPS will import and export mapsource waypoints and tracklogs. Routes aren't yet supported. Mapsource requires waypoints to have unique names. ExpertGPS doesn't. If you have a file in ExpertGPS that has two "PARK" waypoints, it won't open in Mapsource. The final version of ExpertGPS will alert you to this, but for now, check your data before you export.

If you find problems with any of this, contact me at the address on the beta web page.

--

Dan Foster

TopoGrafix: GPS Software, Waypoints, and Maps

http://www.topografix.com/