MapSend, Meridian, and SD Card Size

If I can only load 4 zones @16M each from my Mapsend software to my Meridian Platinum, I would only need a SD card of 64M.......Some package offers come with a 128M SD card ( I bought a 256M card ).....how would I use this extra space ? Am I right about the maximum amount I can load from Mapsend ? Could I load an additional 4 zones from a Mapsend Topo in addition to the 4 zones that I have loaded from mapsend streets ?

You don't really load them directly onto the gps. Don't connect the gps when you go to load them. It'll start working...when you get an error message, press cancel and look in the mapsend program directory on your hard drive for the filename "detail01"

i forgot the extension...might be .img

anyway, rename that file to whatever you want, if it;s a map of louisiana, name it LA.img or whatever.

then do another region...when you get all you want, put them on the sd card with a cardreader.

put the card in the gps and press menu, go down to card utilities and load the map you want

you can only have one map loaded at once...

this process is much better explained elsewhere..do a search

good luck

-pizzachef

ps..

it's just my opinion, but i think smaller files work better. it's less work that the gps has to do when your panning the map around

i've got a map of louisiana that's 17 megs. arkansas and mississippi are about 15 each.

if you're planning on travelling a long way then it may be worth it to you to have one big map, but i like smaller ones for just caching around town