Sportrak Map/Mapsend Topo $ 149 after rebate at Sam's Club

maleki

Hello all,

I was going to purchase a nice Magellan bundled GPS system at Sam's Club last month. It included a Sportrak Map with accessories and Mapsend Topo for $ 249 with a $ 50. rebate for a total of $ 199. Seemed like a nice unit for my needs.

Being the procrastinator that I am, I missed the end of month and thought I'd lost out on the rebate when I went back on the 1st of December.

Much to my VERY pleasant surprise, Sams is offering a $ 100.00 rebate on the same bundle this month making the total $ 149. (plus the inevitable sales tax). Details in the rebate section at Samsclub.com .

Seemed like a great deal to me and thought I'd pass it along.

No I have to stop procratinating again and get out and find my first cache.

Just got back from Sams, and in the store, it was $250 and a $50 rebate. Didn't buy it because of that. Came home and re-read your post. It DOES say $100 on the webste. dadgum! I also noticed the website says it comes with Streets & Destinations OR topo. I was so busy being pissed about the rebate I didnt even notice which one they had. dadgum.

Tae-Kwon-Leap is not a path to a door, but a road leading forever towards the horizon.

Hi,

I got the $100 rebate off the Trak Pro package at costco. Came with the Streets CD, neo cover, dash holder, power/interface cable.

I had the gps12 before and it is like night and day. I loaded all of jersey and surrounding area and still had plenty of room. Downloaded tracks and used Control Panel to see the altitude profile.

The one I purchased at Sams had Topo, data cable, carry case, wrist strap and batteries.

I did not see this bundle on the website.

The $ 100 rebate was slick. Total online rebate submission. No paperwork to mail - always hate that part. Check request approved - no hassles.

One local Sam's had about a dozen, the first I went to didn't know what I was talking about.

Marty

I got the sportstrax Pro at the costco store for 189. I was at Sams today in Deptford and they have the map for 149.

The pro has streets and destinations and 32mb of memory. I have to send in the rebate. Pain, yes.

The map has the topo cd and 9 meg of memory.

Now I want the mapsend topo as well. Best price so far is $69. None of the advertisement say it is compatible with the sporttrac series, but I am sure it is.

I went to Costco up here in Canada, and they don't even have any GPS units.

That stinks.

quote:
Originally posted by Girls Rule!:

Got the whole enchilda at Costco with the $50 rebate. Retunred the entire package and got $100!

They also have the CAlifornia NG Topo software, 25 pages of waterproof paper adn the National Parks top 15 topo software for.... $99!