Updates

KSJohn

Didnt know these were available until reading these posts. Have a Summit and Vista. Both of them had 3 or 4 updates available. Tried the Summit first. No luck. Unloaded everything from computer and reloaded for Vista. Worked fine. Unloaded everything from computer again and reloaded for Summit. Still nothing. Gets to Updater part and does nothing for ever. Tried calling Garmin and sat on hold for 15 - 20 mins without talking to anyone, so in listening to their message on phone (faster service available thru website) I went that route. Message I got back from them was my question should be answered in 7 - 10 working days. Does this mean I could have been waiting on hold for more than 10 days on the phone????

quote:
Originally posted by SergZak:

Are the interface contacts clean on the Summit? Also, make sure you have the Summit's Serial Data Format set to "Garmin"...go to Main Menu/Setup/Interface and verify that it is set to "Garmin" format.

8 hours 9 mins for a reply.. that must be breaking someones records.

way to go geocachers icon_smile.gif

how4.gif No matter where you go... There you are!

NTGA member

quote:
Originally posted by SergZak:

Are the interface contacts clean on the Summit? Also, make sure you have the Summit's Serial Data Format set to "Garmin"...go to Main Menu/Setup/Interface and verify that it is set to "Garmin" format.

8 hours 9 mins for a reply.. that must be breaking someones records.

way to go geocachers icon_smile.gif

how4.gif No matter where you go... There you are!

NTGA member

Well the slow response here is still faster than what Garmin has been. Its been 3 days now, oopps cant count today since its not a working day, and still nothing from them.

It's ok though, I deleted everything and reloaded it again this morning on the computer, hooked up the GPS and low and behold it worked fine this time.

Have no clue what was wrong the other times since I didn't do anything different this time. And yes SergZak, I had printed out the update page before doing anything else and was checking it off as I went along, since I had never done this before. Knew I was doing it right when it worked on the Vista. Did the update this morning before reading the forums so didn't do the contact cleaning either.

Must just be another of those things that make ya go hmmmmmmmm.