GPS 315 and Lost Waypoints

Guest TJohns

Hi, I recently bought a GPS 315 for Geocaching. It is a great unit except that it will occasionally loose waypoints. I save a waypoint, it appears in the user waypoint list, and I turn the unit off. Sometimes it is there when I turn it back on other times the entire user waypoint list is wiped out, even though all the other data (contrast, custom screens, initialization settings, and so on) remain intact. Is this normal behavior or should I have buy.com send me a new one?

Guest cache_ninja

i've never had that happen,

maybe you should call Magellan, the number is in the manual, before sending it back to buy.com. It sounds like something is wrong.

c/n

I used to have a 315. This never happened to me, even when changing batteries you should not lose your waypoints. If it was happening all the time, I would say it was maybe you were doing something wrong, but if you are doing the same thing each time, I would say it was the unit. Are you sure you are saving waypoints all the time, not MOBs or landmarks. Or maybe putting them in a route, (I can't remember if they move if you put them in a route)

Sounds like a mechanical issue.