GPS V users poll

SergZak

I'm rather annoyed at Garmn. It seems they sold me the GPS V and I got it a little too soon to not pay full frickin retail for the New software.

The truly pathetic thing is I could probably sell my GPS V on eBay and buy a new GPS V delux and come out of the deal for less cost than my upgrade price for just the new City Select 4.01

ANNOYING.

I use all those maps (except R&R which I don't own). They are all great for different things.

I don't get the complaints about CS4.01 though. I really like it, although the maps are just way big. I've used it to find stores that I didn't know were close by, among other things...

I've resolved the memory issue by selling my V and getting a Street Pilot III, which should be here today. And I got a "pre deluxe but with 4.01 full unlock" so I'll have the older one also.

But not for the same areas. I live in a very rural area and have found the CS 4.01 to have several roads in the wrong place. In the area around my home, I use the Metroguide, but once I get towards Lexington, KY., I use the CS 4.01

For a side note, CS 4.01 does have much better routing around my home area. It chooses the roads I would normally take. The main roads are correct, but the side roads are sometimes a 1/4 mile before or after where they actually are.

KYtrex

-----------------

A "Buckeye" is just a "Hillbilly" that ran out of money on the way to Michigan jpshakehead.gif

Actually, I still use both versions of City Select - v4.00 & v 4.01. So your survey is a bit flawed since it does not allow for this choice of actively using both versions. The peccadilloes of both systems are by now fairly well known, so I use each version according to their strengths. Having a notebook computer at my disposal makes it easier to operate in this manner, and may make this easier for me than for someone who does not have a notebook.