Magellan GPS Pioneer 1997

Hey quick question. My father-in-law has a Magellan Pioneer but it only has xx.xxx.xx missing the eigth and last digit in seconds placement. Does this have to do with it being in the SA dfays. I have tried all settings on it but can;t get the three placements of seconds only two. Is there a way to get this to work more accurately like modern day GPSrs like my Garmin Etrex? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. icon_smile.gif

Wags, Russ & Erin

Sorry, but the Pioneer is a bit outdated and doesn't display the thousandths digit in the degree/decimal-minute form, or the tenths digit in the degree/minute/sec form. But it will get you close enough to find a geocache. Probably the best thing to do is watch the coordinate screen and try to zero in on it that way because the distance stays in miles, and 0.01 miles is the smallest increment it can show.

Also, it's only a dual band reciever, so you may have some trouble getting a good lock under trees. Good luck with it!

-pizzachef