ExpertGPS user list

gnbrotz

I think it's the best product out there at the moment for using with my GPS. Great waypoint management, track viewing analysis etc. It's also great for finding areas that may be of interest to explore in the wilderness. I look for small lakes, mines, whatever on the maps, then do a quick photo view of the area, save a few waypoints and head out for adventure.

What a blast

Jeff

Use it all the time....

Hey Dusty Jacket.... My dog is bigger than your dog. Look at my new avatar.

Mike. Desert_Warrior (aka KD9KC).

El Paso, Texas.

Citizens of this land may own guns. Not to threaten their neighbors, but to ensure themselves of liberty and freedom.

They are not assault weapons anymore... they are HOMELAND DEFENSE WEAPONS!

[This message was edited by Desert_Warrior on February 24, 2003 at 06:35 AM.]

Is anyone else getting little "Map Not Found" squares all over their topo maps with ExpertGPS? There are almost as many of these as there were Topografix logos during the trial.

Yes, I tried deleting the maps and re-downloading them. The holes are still there.

It's almost as bad as the trial -- I can't get a map without at least one hole, no matter what size.

--

Scott Johnson (ScottJ)

Those "map not found" problems were something that many of us experienced at one point. Dan changed the program to keep trying the download until they came through...to not take "no" for an answer. He jumped on it, another example of great customer service.

So I would suspect that you need to be sure that you have the most current version. Lessee if I can find that link...

http://www.expertgps.com/beta.asp

Max

Often wrong but seldom in doubt

I tried it and thought it was a great program but I can't justify the price either. As someone else said, for half that I would buy it, but not for that price. I just don't use my GPS enough to pay that much for companion software. I can use the Freeware version of GPSU or the full version for $40. I also like the USAPhotomaps program which is shareware with a suggested contribution. I am going to miss all the data I dumped in ExpertGPS but alas, $70 is out of my budget for now for something I might only use a couple times a year.

Lew

Vividere

The thread starter asks for a list of everyone using ExpertGPS.

Then somewhere along the line he gets a few replies from people who DON't use it, and want us to know about it.

This kinda reminds me of those polls on TV where you call a 900 number and pay to vote. Did you ever look at them and see how many "Undecided" votes they get. Somebody is actually PAYING to tell you they can't make up their mind!

"Yep, I feel very strongly about this poll, so I hafta call in and vote undecided".

icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Ya gotta love it! He should have posted a poll, USE ExpertGPS. Don't use ExpertGPS. Undecided.

icon_biggrin.gif

Mike. Desert_Warrior (aka KD9KC).

El Paso, Texas.

Citizens of this land may own guns. Not to threaten their neighbors, but to ensure themselves of liberty and freedom.

They are not assault weapons anymore... they are HOMELAND DEFENSE WEAPONS!

After my earlier response in this thread, I talked with Dan and decided to try it as a reviewer. Well, I've been using it for about a month now, and I will be posting my review soon. There are, as with any software, a few minor annoyances, but I am now convinced it is well worth the money. This is an awesome program!

Thanks, Dan!

Not me. I have to agree with a few of the other posts. The price is to high. Can't see spending $60-$70 for a map. I also tried it and thought it was a great program but I can't justify the price either. I would probably buy it for about half that price, but this is too much for software.

Spyderuser was Here !