What would be better for me...

Guest kc2hsu

Guest kc2hsu

I need help trying to decide between the Garmin Etrex GPS, and the Magellan GPS 315. I mainly want to use it when I am bycicling, in the car, and when I am walking. Probably more bycicling and in the car than walking. Which one should I use? I dont really need maps, but would like to know which one is better than the other and why. Please help me. Thanx.

Guest kc2hsu

Thanks for this link it helped alot. In a couple days, I bet I will have all the info I can get from this BB. Thanks again....

quote:
Originally posted by Artful Dodger:

Go to Joe's Site here for an extensive analysis on all GPS's. Choosing a GPS is quite a personal thing but more info cant hurt. icon_smile.gif Good luck

Guest kc2hsu

Thanks for this link it helped alot. In a couple days, I bet I will have all the info I can get from this BB. Thanks again....

quote:
Originally posted by Artful Dodger:

Go to Joe's Site here for an extensive analysis on all GPS's. Choosing a GPS is quite a personal thing but more info cant hurt. icon_smile.gif Good luck

Guest dustystar

While you will likey be just as happy with one as the other with the amount of usage you indicate, get the cheaper of the two and get experience. If you outgrow one, then you will know the features you want when you dig a bit deeper into your wallet. I have the Garmin and wouldn't trade it but like cars, people tend to want you to approve of their choices. Just buy one!

Guest kc2hsu

Well, luckily I got a friend to let me borrow his 315. This means that I will have a hands on experience. I can't wait. Well, sounds good, and I hope to hear some more replys. 73.

Guest arffer

I got my initial experiance with a borrowed Magellan Pioneer. Then compared Garmin vs. Magellan features, and decided on the Mag 315 for its averaging feature, a must have if you are going to place caches. Now that I've got it, I love it. I got a decent deal on a never used in the box 315 on ebay for $90. Updated the software to the latest version for free with a home-made cable. I found it interesting that I can switch my 315 into a 320 and back again just by uploading the waypoint database for free, that's the only difference between the two models.

my $0.02