Scratched Screens

Guest geofred

Guest geofred

I too have a multi-scratched screen. I did a "Google" search for "scratched screens" and found a page that suggested dabbing "ArmorAll" on the scratches. I am pleased with the results. The magic juice seems to redirect the light so the image is clear where once it was fogged.

I called Garmin and learned a new Emap screen is just $99, which is their flat fee repair. I thought I would wait until I had a real repair problem before getting the replacement. This liquid fix works well.

Guest swangner

I have 2 suggestions, one for repair and one preventative, coming from my experiences as a PDA user:

1. As far as repairing a scratched screen goes, you can try rubbing toothpaste (regular, not gel-type) onto the screen and using it to buff out scratches. This works well some of the time. Plus, it leaves your screen minty fresh.

2. Preventative - PDA users have been using screen protectors such as the WriteRight from Fellowes (www.fellowes.com) for some time. They work VERY well, are easy to apply and remove, and offer great protection from screen scratches.

I use a plastic polish for lexan & it buffs out any scratches just wonderfully.

Recently I tried a piece of static cling vinyl (similar to vinyl decals & not house hold cling wrap stuff icon_smile.gif ) it works great at preventing future scratches.

I use a plastic polish for lexan & it buffs out any scratches just wonderfully.

Recently I tried a piece of static cling vinyl (similar to vinyl decals & not house hold cling wrap stuff icon_smile.gif ) it works great at preventing future scratches.