Meridian Color + 256 SD + Topo = Confused

Ok, Just when I thought I had it all figured out.

I've got the Meridian Color, a 256 SD card, and the USB writer/reader.

I installed Topo, and then did the update to 4.2... everything went smoothly.

When I first got the card, I put it in the GPS< and did the format. It showed as 253-4ish meg... Now, today I selected a region, that is 11719Kb in size (basically the NJ/NY metro area... down to South Jersey.

I did the upload via SD reader, etc. Popped the card back in my GPS, and I'm being told the card is 99% full... (or something to that effect).

Is there a place that I could read step-by-step what I'm suppose to be doing, or what I'm doing wrong? I'd like to put more region in, etc. and have the thing all set up.

Thanks for reading my long-winded problem,

Pete

You may have some problems with having 1 region so large. You may experience names of streets in the wrong location, or other problems where you may not be able to access the region in the future.

Wyatt W.

The probability of someone watching you is directly proportional to the stupidity of your actions.

I think it is 4 region of 16mb (one mapset of 64mb). And you can load as many mapsets as you want on the SD card.

You may be able to fit more than that and be succesful, but the limits I gave are the ones magellan set.

Wyatt W.

The probability of someone watching you is directly proportional to the stupidity of your actions.