Spinner and Plucker

FerretFinder

I'm hopefully going to be getting my PDA in the next couple of days but have a question. I'm running Mac OSX. I do have access to my husbands PC but wanted to know this question. You can run plucker on a Mac and I see you can run spinner from the web. Can I do it that way? I've searched the forms and everyone says you need virtual PC or can't do it. I haven't seen anyone discuss this way.

Am I misintrepting something?

Thanks!

I'm on the WIndows side, so I don't know for sure...but if you can pluck any other set of web pages for download to a PDA, then you can do it with the Spinner output. That is how I did it before Lil Devil made the desktop version of Spinner available.

My only uncertainty is the ability of a Mac to run Plucker in the way you want...don't know one way or another, I'm just ignorant in that regard. I notice it doesn't stop me from offering an opinion... icon_wink.gif

Max

Often wrong but seldom in doubt

Ferret -

The .gz is compression like a Zip file or a hex bin file.

http://downloads.plkr.org/1.4/Plucker_1.4.0.2.dmg is the link you want.

Once you get it installed it should be quite easy to pluck the sights you want.

And yes using the online spinner will do fine for you, only thing is the desktop version offers you a little more control I think over how the file is spun.

-Robert