Meridian - Simple Neck or Wrist Strap

leighheppell

And please explain the 4 holes...I only see 2??

Magellan now supplies the Color unit with a lanyard that connects to the threaded hole in the middle of the data/power terminals. You can make one yourself with a 4-40 screw.

homer.gif

"Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand."

Originally posted by Stunod:

QUOTE]

The thread loops through the batter compartment. I would have missed it if you would not have mentioned four holes.

Wyatt W.

The probability of someone watching you is directly proportional to the stupidity of your actions.

Actually, the first two holes (near the two screws), go directly into the case behind the circuit board.

Water will enter the case straight onto the circuit board thru these two holes. The cord will make nice capillary action, too.

So, water would do damage even BEFORE it gets to where the string goes into the battery compartment.

Art

www.yankeetoys.org

www.BudBuilt.com

http://www.ttora-ne.mainpage.net/

quote:
Originally posted by phantom4099:
Originally posted by Stunod:

QUOTE]

The thread loops through the batter compartment. I would have missed it if you would not have mentioned four holes.

Wyatt W.

The probability of someone watching you is directly proportional to the stupidity of your actions.

Good catch on the detail.

May I suggest "PusherOfClay" try pushing some silicone into those holes before you ruin your GPS?

homer.gif

"Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand."

quote:
Originally posted by Cracker7M:

Actually, the first two holes (near the two screws), go directly into the case behind the circuit board.

Water will enter the case straight onto the circuit board thru these two holes. The cord will make nice capillary action, too.

So, water would do damage even BEFORE it gets to where the string goes into the battery compartment.

Art

I think this is the case (no pun intended), and I personally would not jeopardize the integrity of the unit.

Dale

--------------------------------------------------------

I'm Diagonally Parked, In A Parallel Universe.

--------------------------------------------------------

quote:
Originally posted by Pusher of Clay!:

For all those deep sea divers out there worried about waterproofing, yes it may be a problem.

But its a simple, cheap solution that should be ok for the average user.

Only trying to help :-)

Lead, Follow or ... Which way ??

Dont get me wrong....Its a nice idea, and a nice installation. icon_smile.gif

But I have had my Merigreen apart, and I know that those first two holes will affect the waterproofness of the unit.

You're right, it will probably be OK with light mist in the air, but in a rain or if it gets dropped in water, ya better pull the batts quick and let the unit dry out.

It is too bad, cause that IS a good try. icon_smile.gif

Unfortunately, Magellan didnt leave much place for any type of lanyard or belt clip.... icon_frown.gif

I cant understand why they didnt make a neoprene case for the Meridians just like the one for the SportTraks... icon_frown.gif

Unfortunaetly most of the lanyard and belt clip mods I have seen done wont work for me, as I'm constantly using my vehicle mount. So anything offthe back or bottom of the case is out... icon_frown.gif

Art

www.yankeetoys.org

www.BudBuilt.com

http://www.ttora-ne.mainpage.net/