EasyGPS Problem, Confirm receipt of command error?

Guest leskowitz

Guest leskowitz

Please help, this has been a nightmare. I recently bought a cable to connect basic etrex to my palm Vx (see below). How the cable hooks up is still a mystery to me, the cable has a male end and so does the palm cable, but supposly per gpscables.com:

"Just plug into the existing cradle/cable that interfaces your PDA to your PC/Laptop (via a serial DB-9 connector"

10282.jpg

Anyway, then I figure I would just hook up my eTrex to the PC to run EasyGPS. I bought a female DB9 to female DB9 gender adapter to hook from the gps to the computer. Now, I am getting an error message that GPS did not confrim receipt of command. The GPS is on, and connected. The port test does not works for any COMs ports when I am online, but when I am off the COM3 works but I still get an error. It gives me the message that I should disable software that uses that port. What should I do? HELP!!!

Confused in Houston

Guest topografix

Since you bought the cable from gpscables.com, you should ask them what you need to do to use it with your PC.

There are two types of gender changers - one is wired straight across, and the other is cross wired. They can tell you which one you need.

------------------

Dan Foster

TopoGrafix: GPS Software, Waypoints, and Maps

http://www.topografix.com