GPSMAP76 Question - WAAS off by default?

Guest Khao Mun Gai

Guest Khao Mun Gai

Hello:

My Garmin GPSMAP 76 arrived today.

Why is WAAS turned off by default. I turned it back on... Any issues here?

Please advise!

Guest rebobbitt

WAAS is OFF by default.

You also might check "Lock to Roads" on the map setup which was defaulted on, which assumes you are always traveling on roads!

Rick.

Guest Quinnow

Yes...WAAS is not turned on from the factory. And be sure that WAAS will even do you any good for the area you are in. It sucks up extra battery juice leaving it on thus the reason it isnt at the factory.

I also believe that it takes longer to lock up the sats with it left on. i myself dont even use it. But to each his own icon_smile.gif

------------------

Quinn Stone

Rochester, NY.14616

www.Navicache.com

Guest Quinnow

Yes...WAAS is not turned on from the factory. And be sure that WAAS will even do you any good for the area you are in. It sucks up extra battery juice leaving it on thus the reason it isnt at the factory.

I also believe that it takes longer to lock up the sats with it left on. i myself dont even use it. But to each his own icon_smile.gif

------------------

Quinn Stone

Rochester, NY.14616

www.Navicache.com

Guest mfratto

quote:
Originally posted by rebobbitt:

WAAS is OFF by default.

You also might check "Lock to Roads" on the map setup which was defaulted on, which assumes you are always traveling on roads!

"Lock on Roads" doesn't work when using either the base map or the Mapsource maps. I am consistently off the roads when traveling. Not too annoying, but still.

My eTrex did a better job of locking on roads wiht the base map, so may be it is just a GPSMAP 76 issue. (upgraded to newest firmware, etc)