Dagnabbit!!!

WARTIDE

As some of you may know by my previous posts, I have been waiting on my PDA to arrive for a few days. Well, I finally received it yesterday and got the software loaded. I also purchased Cachemate and became a premium member of gc.com.

I promptly went to the pocket query page and set up my first query. I had them emailed to me in .gpx format just as suggested. However, my email security settings are configured so that I cannot accept attachments. I must have done this in my "little fit of rage" I experienced last week when a worm slipped thru my antivirus software and infected my computer even without opening the email attachment. I have taken the attachment blocker off of Outlook Express so I can receive future pocket queries. My question is this, do I have to wait until tomorrow to receive my next file from the pocket query?

Wartide

For that particular search, yes.

But what you can do is create a NEW search. As long as the filters aren't too complex there's a good chance you'll get your gpx file in a few hours.

You can have a max of five queries I believe but each will only generate once per day.

Jolly R. Blackburn

http://kenzerco.com

"I'd like to buy the world a coke, but I only have fifty cents"

Thanks Jolly B Good. I just created a new search, but haven't received it yet. However, I was able to finally open the attachment from the previous query. I double clicked the attachment and it loaded into EasyGPS. How do I get this into the Palm/Cachemate? Thank you so much for your help.

Wartide

Hate to reply to my own question, but I think I may have figured it out. I took the attachment and opened it with the converter that I downloaded as part of Cachemate. I then converted it and "HotSynced" it to my PDA. I'm just toying around with it now, but I can already tell I'm going to love this.

Wartide

quote:
Originally posted by WARTIDE:

I double clicked the attachment and it loaded into EasyGPS.

Word of warning - EasyGPS may strip the file of any data it doesn't use. It can effectivly render a GPX file into a LOC file. So if a buch of fields in CacheMate turn up blank, you'll know what happened.
quote:
Hate to reply to my own question
Hey, it saves us the trouble. icon_smile.gif Thanks for the update.

Thanks for the responses. You are right EasyGPS stripped the files of most of its info. When I received my 2nd query, I converted it with the included utility in cachemate. All is well and I really like this setup now. Can't wait to try it out this weekend.

Thanks again.

Wartide

quote:
Originally posted by WARTIDE:

I also purchased Cachemate and became a premium member of gc.com.

Wartide

Wahoo!

I went paperless last weekend, and boy, is it FABULOUS. I've only been at this for about a month now, but ALL THE PAPER! The older-PDA purchase (cheap cheap) and Cachemate for all of 7 bucks is WELL worth it.

Enjoy your newfound capabilities!

-=-

michelle