GPSV 2.08 and strange preference settings?

jollybgood

Anyone else noticed this with 2.08?

For the third time in as many days I've turned on my GPSV to set a route to a waypoint only to discover my personal preferences and settings have changed.

For example this morning I kept trying to route to a cache using "The Fastest Way". Only the unit wouldn't allow me the option of choosing. As soon as I clicked on "GO TO" instead of the window which gives you the choice between Fastest, Shortest and Off Road, it immediately started calculating using Off Road.

After turning off the unit and turning it back on a dozen times I kept getting the same behavior. Finally, I pulled up the Routing Perferences only to discover that "Routing Preference" had changed to "Off Road" instead of "ASK ME"

A few days ago it was the "MOST DETAIL" option which turned on by itself.

Before that "GRIDS" was activated somehow on it's own.

I never had this problem until 2.08. Not a huge problem but a little annoying. Oh, and before you ask if somone else might be playing with the unit and changing my settings -- no. I keep in my brief case when I'm not using it and it rarely leaves my sight.

I'm hoping this is a simple firmware bug rather than a problem with the unit itself.

I can't duplicate that particular error, but once I did have it calculating a quickest route to a certain waypoint and just as soon as it finished calculating the route and displayed it, The Garmin JUMPED DOWN TO THE NEXT waypoint and started re-calculating the route.

Weird.

I have not been able to duplicate this error, and I am certain it wasn't user error becasue I saw the correct waypoint name flash up on one of my configured fields in the map screen for just a second after it quit calculating the initial route. (I have waypoint name as one of the configureable fields in the map screen)

Until the next revision of firmware comes out, dont blindly follow your V without verifying the waypoint it has calculated to!

I'm on 2.08 now too, and it seems that the behavior of lock on road has changed. It used to be if you turned it on, it would stay on forever, except when you choose to navigate 'offroad'. But as soon as you stop navigation, it would return to lock on road. *NOW*, lock on road stays off after an offroad navigation.

migo_sig_logo.jpg